Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
23 Month dry spell ends
Posted by: Dancer
Date: January 29, 2019 12:00AM
Mud hunting, beach/wade hunting. Countless tabs, bits of aluminum, about 700 plus nickels, dozen stainless rings ,finally. Scooped up very modest wedding diamond ring. Yellow Gold. Pulse Induction Garrett Infinium. Came on a hunt with only 12 coins, no quarter's. Maybe 20 tabs, knee deep just below where the surf washes back in. Busy summer beach, not so in winter. Averaged 3-5 a year before this spell. Never was a world beater, but my locations just aren't catching many fresh drops. Got to admit capturing the many coins along the way is always fun.

Re: 23 Month dry spell ends
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: January 29, 2019 11:09AM
Congratulations on breaking the drought. My three local beaches suck. Two of them are very flat and finding anything is like pulling chickens teeth. Even zincolns are hard to find. The other one was just renourished and all the good stuff is under three to five feet of sand. I need a better detector.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: January 29, 2019 02:03PM
With all the nickles there should have been a few more gold one would think.
Glad you have persisted over the dry spell.

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: January 29, 2019 07:23PM
That's excellent start to the new year! Fresh drop beach's are tough specially if they have not been around very long, then with the replenishment..it's a loosing battle for sure. One thing I have found is...Gold comes in streaks!

Posted by: MANDAD76
Date: January 30, 2019 09:12AM
Better year ahead....dry spell over...wtg!

Spectra V3i
BHID 300

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login