Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Best water detector:shrug:
Posted by: Kieth-Tx
Date: March 14, 2019 10:23PM
Like others have mentioned...it is location location location.
My experience with the following units is just that...my experience.

If you are ONLY hunting freshwater...an old Tesoro Stingray 2 or Tiger Shark just cannot be beat. But get it near salt water and it's a worthless stick.
Excal : gets great depth, awesome in salt water. Have had coil wire issues/failures.
CTX : put the 6” coil on this and it is awesome! Handles salt water with no issues and very good depth. But take it out of the water and it goes from water neutral weight to a HEAVY unit on land.
Equinox 800 : I truly like this unit, handles salt water easily, good tones, very good depth. Don’t like the small window of signal numbers...extremely rare to get a number above 30. So all numbers are concentrated.
CZ-21 & CZ-20: actually my “go-to” water units. Easy to use....3 tones. Good depth. Handles salt water great. Extremely lightweight when hip mounted and have had mine for 15 years with not one failure. Built like a tank.
Have never used a Whites or Garrett water units.

Good Post Kieth !N/T
Posted by: RichW
Date: March 15, 2019 12:34PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: zac
Date: April 01, 2019 11:53PM
I have an Equinox 800 and love it! I had a Fisher CZ20 but it died on me. I got the 15” coil but so far haven’t had luck with it. I switched back to the stock coil. I wish the NOX went deeper than three meters. I don’t scuba but I freedive and Would like to go deeper. I’m thinking of picking up an older Tesoro water machine for going deeper.

Posted by: treasurewize
Date: May 16, 2019 10:27AM
nothing can come close to the Excal /cz20/21 under water.but wet sand/dry sand the Nox 800 is hard to beat!

Date: May 20, 2019 07:04AM
iv owned a lot of them and the Excal is my fav

Posted by: Geobound
Date: May 20, 2019 09:53AM
I started out with an AT Pro and found it to be great in and around fresh water.......up to 10' of water is pretty good.

Then I purchased a CTX 3030 (the new updated version), and have had tremendous success with it, both on land and in the fresh water........up to 10' of water is pretty good. Although an O-ring patch kit could let you go much, much further.

This year I purchased a CZ-21 as I want to use that strictly for scuba.......up to 250' of water is pretty amazing! I don't plan on taking it that deep, but 15' - 20' without any worries will be nice.

I also purchased an XP Deus this year......up to 10 rain drops it's good, but any more than that I have to put it away. :rofl:

Figure out what it is you want to do with your machine. Are you going to be strictly a water hunter (if so then a dedicated water machine may be best), are you going to be 10% water and 90% land (then a land machine with water capabilities would be best). Or if your budget allows, get one of each......land and water?

XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
Go Find 60
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
AT Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Hori Hori Knife
Lesche 36" T-DS Shovel

Date: May 20, 2019 01:33PM
Nox or Excal just cant beat them!

Posted by: mike k.
Date: May 22, 2019 01:51PM
Excallibur 1 or 2 From the you tube videos I watch daily , there is a lot of break downs with the fragile equinox .

Posted by: TinCanBeach
Date: June 14, 2019 02:15PM
I disagree on the Equinox being fragile. I was in love with my Excal but there were too many shortcomings. Recovery speed was an issue. Used the Sov GT, CTX3030 and others.
Nothing is as good for me IMHO as the Nox. I have both the 800 and the 600 and think they are the perfect balance of weight, design and function.

Equinox 600 & 800 XP Deus Stealth 720i

Posted by: mrcolin2u
Date: June 30, 2019 01:01PM
Fisher CZ20 and Excal II have both been very good to me for finding submerged gold rings , both built strong and work in salt and fresh water !!
EQ 800 is lighter and easier to use above water (for me)

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: June 30, 2019 02:57PM
The usual response to the op's question........many different machines and all with their owners ready to champion their particular choice.
I bet if i went to a beach and marked out 10 different targets that i picked up with my machine and everybody who has posted here went over the targets with theirs,probably all the machines mentioned here would get those 10 targets........as long as their operators knew how to get the best out of them that is.

Posted by: Mike K (Ohio)
Date: July 20, 2019 10:51PM
LawrencetheMDer
but my go to water and beach detector for the past 2 yrs has been the CTX. With 17" coil, I cover more ground and find about 11% more things and coins than the CTX w 11" standard coil
[attachment 364913 WhiteGoldEngagementRing.jpg]

I have the CTX and have been using the standard coil. I have the 17" Coil as well how much more drag is there with that coil? Thanks Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login