Findmall.com

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MInelab excalibur II
Posted by: rottonr
Date: May 15, 2019 05:31AM
Where can a fella purchase the rubber gasket that goes between the battery and machine? :shrug: Both of mine that came with my machine when I got it new in 2012 are so smooshed that I wonder how they still do their job.:sadwalk:

Also, I had to order my 4th coil cover. What is the best thing to due with it so it will last LONGER....? :surrender:

Re: MInelab excalibur II
Posted by: tvr
Date: May 15, 2019 09:14AM
Try calling the service center for the gasket. I found them in a general internet search for about $6 from a non-sponsor; so I won't post that link.

As for the coil cover; my opinion is to not use a coil cover and coat the coil with marine epoxy. Don't put the epoxy on until the coil has been well cleaned. If you wear through the epoxy, clean and apply it again.

Is the cover wearing through the bottom, or the sides?N/T
Posted by: vlad
Date: May 15, 2019 12:08PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: May 15, 2019 09:19PM
In a pinch you could try cutting you own gasket out inner tube rubber...

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: May 19, 2019 11:30AM
Put LOCTITE Marine epoxy on the bottom of the cover. Spreads so easy and is rock hard. I used to go thru a cover every 5 months until I found this stuff years ago. Didn’t do it on another machine I’m using and again ....3 months and wore out the side. This stuff works. About any dealer has those gaskets. I bought a cheap set of leather punches and some auto gasket rubber and made my own.

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Posted by: treasurewize
Date: May 20, 2019 07:03AM
call Minelab,they will prob send ya some

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login