Findmall.com

The "Prospecting" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Summer Trip?
Posted by: M.L. Hinds
Date: February 04, 2018 06:54PM
I have never really done any prospecting of any type. I was wondering what you guys think the chances would be for me to plan a Harley trip somewhere and meet up with someone to show me how and where to go and teach me? I can remember as a kid living in Pioche, Nevada always wanting a detector to try and find gold. Moved away to Ohio and getting close to 50 and all the kids are out and wanting to get the chance to give it a try. May be a long shot. I stopped detecting for several yrs due to work being so busy and I guess just life in general. I've only put a little over 3,000 miles on my 2016 Ultra and wanting to do some riding and detecting and just make a round trip of it and maybe hit several places.

Thanks M.L. Hinds

Re: Summer Trip?
Posted by: Flintstone
Date: February 04, 2018 09:41PM
You say you live in OHIO, there is a lot of gold to be had in that state, but not by detecting. You need a sluice or dredge. I have prospected OHIO for about 20 years, have frond enough to buy a acre of ground and two dredges. All find gold but lots of it. First thing you should join GPAA club in OHIO, we have two chapters. Lots of fun and hard work, but some gold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login