Findmall.com

The "Prospecting" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Getting dredge ready for spring
Posted by: Flintstone
Date: February 12, 2018 12:02PM
Guys back here in the mid West the weather is getting warmer. Taking my 3" high banker and making it a dredge. It got 60:0 here yesterday, and I stared to think Prospecting. I have a 2" Keens dredge, but the 3" High Banker -Dredge combo will make a much deeper hole. Trying to put it on floats and maker it lighter. Anybody else thinking about Prospecting?

Re: Getting dredge ready for spring
Posted by: Texadillo
Date: February 14, 2018 12:02PM
Flintstone first off to answer your question...I have been thinking about prospecting since 1987 when I first came down with gold fever. The adventure of it all is just as strong today as it was in the beginning :smile: That 3" highbanker/dredge conversion sounds like a nice winter project...should suck some gravels for you! This winter I'm putting the finish on a smaller wooden puffer-type drywasher and piecing together a small 3' sluice for the rare times I find water in the southwest desert :jump: Best of luck to you with the conversion and HH!

Experiencing the adventure a lot of times will be your best find!

Unlike the common armadillo...I cover my holes and leave no trace.

Re: Getting dredge ready for spring
Posted by: Flintstone
Date: March 06, 2018 11:00AM
Well I am ready to go dredge, but the water will not go down, about time it gets where I can dredge close to the edge, it comes back up..The creek I dredge is through fields and I don't want to dredge up corn. Did every one send a memo to Mr. Trump to get CA. to let us dredge out there. I sent one, may not help but can't hurt. I love to metal detect but I like to dredge also, cone on water, go down.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login