Findmall.com

The "Prospecting" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
BETWEEN THESE TWO DETECTORS FOR GOLD??
Posted by: St Bernard
Date: March 04, 2018 08:13PM
Between the GARRETT AT GOLD and the MINELAB X-TERRA 705 GOLD which do you feel would be the best for all around gold detecting with the prices they sell for. Feedback appreciated.

Thanks Bill

Re: BETWEEN THESE TWO DETECTORS FOR GOLD??
Posted by: Mxt Sniper
Date: March 05, 2018 08:58PM
Bill, I would consider the new Equinox 800 over both those machines, its got some serious new technology, multi freq unlike the older multi freq machines, and is very sensitive to small gold nuggets as well as gold chains, etc, the older multi freq machines were not good on small gold at all. Plus I hear they are good on salt water beaches for coin/jewelry,

Posted by: St Bernard
Date: March 06, 2018 10:08AM
All the people using the E800 seem to be real happy with it. I will wait at least 6 months to see how reliable they are

Thanks Bill

Posted by: El Toro
Date: March 07, 2018 12:28AM
I have yet to see any feedback on using the Nox in highly mineralized soils. I would think Minelab would know what they're doing with all that mineralized soil in Australia. But I don't think I would be picking up one of these until after I've seen someone take it through its paces in a locale like Randsburg.

Posted by: Sneakyweasel
Date: March 07, 2018 02:30AM
Maybe have a look at the White's MX Sport. Based upon the MXT, which is a proven nugget hunting detector and can handle exceedingly tough ground. The MXS has, basically, all the options of the MXT and a number of extras. 2 things that stand out with the MXT/MXS are the VSAT and the ground tracking. I don't think there's any VLF detector out there that can match its' ground tracking ability.

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: May 07, 2018 04:08PM
I've had the X705 Gold, MXT, Gold Monster 1000, and currently have the MX Sport. Only the frequency on the GM 1000 goes high enough for finding really small gold. Gold that's usually found is small and in rough ground. For a VLF machine, I'd stick with the Equinox 800, GM 1000 or HF Gold Bug. Liked my X-TERRA 705 GOLD for coin & jewelry because is was light and worked very well. Sold it to get the MX Sport because of being water proof. GM 1000 will put you on color, buck shot, and foil the size of a pin head, very sensitive machine. I'm kind of old school and missed not having a threshold although I've read where you can run the GM 1000 kind of hot in manual and get the sound of the ground, kind of like a threshold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login