Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Trying to distinguish nickels better
Posted by: steeliecop
Date: January 18, 2016 03:23AM
Hi guys.
I'm trying to distinguish nickels over trash. Any help would be appreciated on what signals you look for. Thanks

Re: Trying to distinguish nickels better
Posted by: airscapes
Date: January 18, 2016 10:23AM
Put a nickel on the ground where there is no target and swing over it. Then switch Normalization off and see what number you get. There is more resolution with Normalization off but you have to relearn all the VDI number since they are different.
Most times when the icon for 5cents and gold ring come up at the same time, with no bouncing around it is a nickel

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: January 18, 2016 01:29PM
The DC Phase and tight Spectrograph numbers speaks volumes.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: leddel
Date: January 18, 2016 07:01PM
nickles are more consistent (one or two back to back vdi numbers ) trash will vary up or down a few or many vdi numbers .

Posted by: JaBo
Date: January 26, 2016 10:49AM
In my experience, I am 95% sure its a nickel when it rings with vdi 18-19 and solid. pull tabs ring higher and fluctuate

Posted by: Mega
Date: January 26, 2016 11:24AM
If the DFX gives a positive tone it has to come out,could be a deep find that wont necessary give a VDI reading but will give a positive tone,audio wins hands down on any machine far more reliable than any VDI reading.How do you define trash anyway ??? foil in the UK comes up the same as silver hammered coins so this is why i mainly dig everything.

Mainly detect deep pasture and ploughed farmland in the UK.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Posted by: airscapes
Date: January 28, 2016 02:48PM
Mega
If the DFX gives a positive tone it has to come out,could be a deep find that wont necessary give a VDI reading but will give a positive tone,audio wins hands down on any machine far more reliable than any VDI reading.How do you define trash anyway ??? foil in the UK comes up the same as silver hammered coins so this is why i mainly dig everything.

Sort of depends on where you are.. and what the site is and how it is used.. I can pick up $20 in quarter in one outing or a bag full of foil, tabs and other crap just digging every good signal..
Just sayin...:pulltab:

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2016 02:49PM by airscapes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login