Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
hotshot coil for dfx
Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: February 11, 2016 10:08PM
thanking about getting a hotshot coil to use hunting athletic fields.i know use my stock coil. I was wondering how much better depth I could get?

Re: hotshot coil for dfx
Posted by: Mega
Date: February 12, 2016 05:50AM
I really like using the Hotshot coil on the DFX,it is deeper than the stock coil and very very light,infact i can swing it all day long which is pretty good for a 12'' its much lighter than the Super12'' coil that Whites make.As it will go deeper do you really want to be digging deeper holes in athletic/sports fields ??? of course its not for me to say but i would have thought that places like park/playing fields and those manicured grass areas would not take kindly to deep holes,but i guess if you take extra care and return the soil and turf to how it was then no problem.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Posted by: airscapes
Date: February 12, 2016 09:50AM
If you are looking to cover more area the Ultimate 13 is very good in sports fields. It is better balanced than the 950 and feels lighter when swinging. It also separates much better and comes with a warranty.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Date: February 12, 2016 10:36AM
hi mega. I thank I posted my reply wrong.so in case I did , I just wanted to say,my dfx wont go over six inches,even on a bigger ring.an our soil is mile to medium.an I can retrieve a target seven or eight inches as good as a four or five inch one.an no body could tell anything was out of place.

Date: February 12, 2016 10:39AM
does this coil go deeper than the stock coil?

Posted by: Mega
Date: February 12, 2016 11:02AM
Yes it does go deeper and by a fair amount and even in small targets as well,i wont quote specific figures on how much deeper but you certainly wont be disappointed,its a great pasture detector/coil combination especially when the ground is trashy,its my favourite combination on saxon sites not only giving me extra depth but still keeping good discrimination as well.

Every hole is like a scratch card. Usually it’s nothing. Sometimes you win a prize.

Quaerite et invenietis !!

Posted by: leddel
Date: February 12, 2016 11:45AM
I agree with Airscapes the SEF or ultimate coil (both Double D'S) are better coils than the hotshot in both depth and separation .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login