Findmall.com

Whites DFX Users Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DFX Wont power up
Posted by: DFXDon
Date: March 30, 2018 10:52AM
My DFX has some years on it and the other day went tp power up and it said no, tried several battery packs still no deal the battery's all had a charge and worked just fine in the V3i then a few time's it powered up as normal but when I shut it down and tried a re start it was dead I would say the push button was intermittent. Help anyone else have this problem or does it sound like a trip to Whites ??
Don

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Re: DFX Wont power up
Posted by: airscapes
Date: March 30, 2018 03:27PM
Open the battery door, push down gently on the battery and try turning it on while holding pressure on the battery.

Doug White's DFX, 950,U13, 6x10 & 4x6 coils | CoinMaster GT, 4x6 Shooter Coil, NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer and DIY Wireless FM Transmitter and Etymotic Research ER-6i in-ear phones

Date: March 30, 2018 04:27PM
I will try that I did make a wire lop and tried to pull the pins a little but they were too stiff the wire just slipped off the pins Today it seems to be working fine started every time
Don

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: March 30, 2018 07:23PM
Fixes for that common problem range from lifting up on the contacts to adding cardboard or thin foam between the battery and door. I cleaned the contact points and lifted up the battery contacts with long pliers. They get pushed down after years of use.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Date: March 30, 2018 10:20PM
Thanks Larry I will give it a try I tried pulling it with my wire loop but the fingers are too strong I will try the needle nose
Don

Central Minnesota

Posted by: Spero
Date: April 03, 2018 04:43PM
Best thing for bending your contacts is a scribe, one end is L shaped and it's about 12 inches long, works perfect.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login