Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
using the sef 10 x 12 coil on the dfx.
Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: November 11, 2017 12:14AM
would like some input on how well the 10x12 sef coil works on the dfx,like does it inprove how deep you can hunt and such.

Re: using the sef 10 x 12 coil on the dfx.
Posted by: Larry (IL)
Date: November 11, 2017 07:37AM
It depends primarily on your ground. DD coils work best in mineralized ground and it was my favorite coil for the DFX and V series of detectors. That was many years ago and there might be something better now.

Bells and whistles are nice, but nothing will substitute for the basic understanding of the hobby.

:minelab: CTX 3030

Posted by: RLOH
Date: November 11, 2017 08:12AM
This coil works great on a DFX and just as well on the V series detectors. At the places I detect, I was routinely digging 8 inch coins with this coil. After much experimenting with settings-programs, I settled on a modified "High Pro" program with the detector set for the slowest sweep speed. For the record, I used the SEF 10x12 on four Whites detectors(DFX, MX5, VX3, and V3i). It was as light as the 10 inch dd(actually felt lighter), sensitive, and deeper in all cases. I also tried the 13 inch Ultimate, but liked the 10x12 better.

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: November 11, 2017 10:16AM
On my V3i, the 10x12 coil gets better separation and equal or more depth than even the U13. Both coils easily beat the stock 10DD coil. I just added a 10x12 to my Etrac partly due to how well that coil works on the V3i. So far, it's all positive but I've still not gotten the Etrac out into a real hunt yet.

I have to assume that the DFX will really like this coil.

Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: November 13, 2017 12:46PM
i use the stock 9.5 conc. coil in places where i thank targets may be deeper.i mostly hunt in my area, here in east texas, ground is mostly mild to medium.if i should get a sef 10x12,being a dd,i was just wondering if i could get a little more depth?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login