Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Adding a screen protector to your MX Sport
Posted by: amcoins44
Date: December 01, 2017 07:05PM
To anyone who has added a screen protector to their MX Sport; Did you cover the entire control face of the machine, or just the clear window? If you covered the whole control face, were you able to get good adhestion over the buttons?

Thanks, Andy

Re: Adding a screen protector to your MX Sport
Posted by: JEF
Date: December 04, 2017 11:46AM
I have a MX7 coming. It should be here Wednesday. I will be putting a screen protector on it when I get it. I am going to put it on so that it covers the display only, and not the buttons. The buttons do not need a screen protector.

Current detectors:
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark
Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

Good decision, Jim, and
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 04, 2017 04:36PM
while I didn't put a protective cover on my MX7 display (because I don't see a need for it), I know I would not want to add any covering atop the tactile switches as that would easily make them non-functional.

I think you'll enjoy the MX7 once you get comfortable with the differences between it and your MX5.

Are you getting a smaller coil for it, like the Detech 7" DD? I forgot to get a couple of extra lower rods and will order them up this week to mount the other coils, but all I am working with now are smaller coils because it is Coin Hunting season (as long as I can get out), and most places available are quite littered.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detector Team are various models from: Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Other models on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Posted by: JEF
Date: December 05, 2017 11:34AM
When I ordered the MX7, I ordered the 7" detech coil, and also the whites 6x10 coil for it. So, I have already received the coils, and my MX7 is supposed to be here today by FedEx. If it comes in time, I will take it out today for a quick hunt.

Current detectors:
Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Tesoro Outlaw
Tesoro Mojave
Whites MX5
Whites MXT Pro
Tesoro Sand Shark
Whites Beach Hunter ID 300

Posted by: ramairnut
Date: December 05, 2017 03:04PM
Congrats, good luck and keep us posted on the MX7 and what you find with it.:detecting:

Posted by: TC-NM
Date: December 08, 2017 12:12PM
Click on link: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?31,2402077,2402077#msg-2402077

amcoins44
To anyone who has added a screen protector to their MX Sport; Did you cover the entire control face of the machine, or just the clear window? If you covered the whole control face, were you able to get good adhestion over the buttons?

Thanks, Andy

White's XL Pro -- MX Sport -- Garrett GMH CXII -- Sunray Pro Golds HP-- Rat HP -- Whites E-Series 9000 HP -- Garrett Pro Pointer & AT Pro Pointer -- Lesche & White's Diggers

~ Been Detecting Since '74 ~

Posted by: amcoins44
Date: December 08, 2017 12:41PM
Thanks for the input!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login