Any thoughts on the "15 Bluw Max coil?

Re: Blue max 15"
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 22, 2017 07:39AM
Yes. It’s huge!

Posted by: Herb Jones
Date: December 22, 2017 12:12PM
Thank you so very much for clarifying that for me. Most helpful... a true asset!

Posted by: jalon
Date: December 22, 2017 06:44PM
The Blue Max 15 is a useful tool, but not a coil that you want to use in a park. If you're hunting for a cache or something fairly deep, beyond the range of your standard coils, by all means buy one. Believe me you don't want to carry it around all day, swinging for relics:0)
jalon

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: December 25, 2017 08:31PM
Herb Jones
Thank you so very much for clarifying that for me. Most helpful... a true asset!

:lol: Yeah I know...When I was running the IDXPro on a consistent basis I was very much interested in the 15”-er,but as stated above,it’s more of a “specialty” coil than an everyday hunter. I suppose if you set up a sling or had a harness....or had an arm like Popeye....it could be used wherever. I read several posts that determined that it lost sensitivity to smaller targets and lower conductors when depth passes about the 8-9” mark. Of course this is all very site specific,and different soils will have different effects on a targets ability to be detected. If you’re looking to beach hunt,I would think it would do well there in the sand,but I haven’t tried it firsthand. Outright open field hunting I believe is what they are primarily used for,and if you’re looking at a used one,I don’t think they were much past 100$ US.
The Black Max 950 “pancake Coil” was and is phenomenal. I still have my modded IDXPro and take it out for a drive every now and then...
Good luck and Merry Xmas!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login