Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
If you had any doubts ????
Posted by: fmurphy
Date: December 26, 2017 05:43PM
About the Digmaster digging tool............ I have been using this digging tool for a couple of months and have had NO issues whatsoever. But then again I don't abuse it and use as a pry bar. It seems to be a very solid tool and made to last... I have seen posts and videos where people have said it won't hold up. SO.... I took a picture of it.....

There is no such thing as
Posted by: Monte
Date: December 27, 2017 01:18AM
A 'perfect' metal detector

A 'perfect' search coil

A set of 'perfect' headphones

A 'perfect' hand-held digger

I have seen a few Lesche Diggers that were bend, overly word, or broken into two pieces ... but not mine because I pamper my equipment and don't abuse any of them. I have only had my DigMaster, the first one, for a few weeks now but have tested in in our sub-frozen to frozen ground and some thawed areas to get the 'feel' of the very comfortable handle. There is no doubt in my mind that your field-time this past couple of months is a good reflection of how this hand-tool will perform. It's just that, a hand-tool that should be used for and in the right kind of ground conditions.

I hunt a lot of sites that are very difficult with densely intertwined root bodies of weeds and grasses in a very rocky mix of hard dirt, and they have been a challenge fir me with any hand-digging tool. So when I bought my new MX-7, I also b ought White's Ground Hawg shovel as it should make it a lot easier to deal with severe ground conditions. That's what the shovel is made for, not the DigMaster hand-digger.

Oh, there's always not going to be 'perfect' weather and hunt conditions, darn it, and this wintry freeze-up is a reminder of that. I am really looking forward to my get-away to the south for a spell of detecting some desert sites as well as a little beach hunting, and return for an early arrival of springtime weather.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My Regular-Use Detector Team are various models from: Makro, Nokta, Tesoro and White's
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Tools: Using White's Ground Hawg Shovel and DigMaster digging tools.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Other models on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils. mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: If you had any doubts ????
Posted by: vito
Date: December 27, 2017 06:48AM
That is a very well done picture.

Blue is showing metals, orange is for organic and green for plastic stuff if I remember correct.

You know anyone from the flight security, right?

Well done, Frank.

Posted by: fmurphy
Date: December 27, 2017 06:43PM
Thanks Vito....
I work for a local sheriff's office and ran it through the x-ray at work.....

Posted by: Hank68
Date: January 01, 2018 06:27PM
I love mine, very well made .

Posted by: RavRad
Date: January 31, 2018 04:17AM
I love mine. I've been using it hard for two seasons and it has held up like a champ. I'm pretty rough on my diggers and have busted a few before the White's, and have done some prying on the White's that made me cringe thinking that it was going to be the time that snapped the blade, but no bends yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login