Findmall.com

Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Performance with 6" concentric on MX Sport ?
Posted by: SWMO Mark
Date: June 17, 2018 07:03PM
I was wondering how everyone is likeing the 6" concentric on the MX Sport or MX7 ? I have one comeing this week for my MX Sport. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark

I enjoy the performance of this concentric on my MX-7.
Posted by: Monte
Date: June 17, 2018 11:08PM
It is my most-used search coil on my two MX-7's. Eleven of my twelve detectors have smaller-than-stock search coils mounted full-time. They work more effectively in the challenging sites I most often hunt, urban or rural, and White's 6½" diameter Concentric coils have been my favorites ever since they were introduced long ago. I keep a 6½" Con. Blue Max 600 on my XLT, my 2nd most used detector so far this year, and the 6½" Con. on my MX-7 that is the most frequently grabbed model I use.

It is a terrific coil on the MX Sport and MX-7 for Coin Hunting as well as Relic Hunting in very brushy environments and those with a dense amount of ferrous debris. It also combines to make a lighter-weight and comfortable package for longer-duration hunting without fatigue.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Nokta - Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta - Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: Performance with 6" concentric on MX Sport ?
Date: June 18, 2018 08:20PM
Monte, thanks for the feedback. I am planning on using it in some of my parks where the old iron bottle caps are still plentiful. My Mx Sport with its DD coils have a hard time getting rid of of these targets. I ran a 6000 di series 3 years ago and had no problem with the steel bottle caps. So hopefully this six shooter coil being concentric will have no problems with these type of targets. I will post some of my results when I am able to get out with the shooter coil. Mark

Posted by: Hombre
Date: June 19, 2018 02:59PM
The 6 shooter is a cracker of a coil, great in the iron, rimming the target will audibly break up iron trash...GL & HH

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Date: June 23, 2018 08:38PM
Got my coil earlier in the week. Had to send it back. It IDs quarters as dimes. It seems to knock out iron bottle caps much better than my DD coils. Mark

Date: June 23, 2018 10:30PM
It must have been an early coil, I bought my 6 shooter from Monte and it ID's correctly. What impresses me the most is how well it does in the nails around old sites. I have the MX-7 and it performs great with this 6½" concentric coil.

Posted by: DFXDon
Date: September 04, 2018 01:45PM
Where are you finding the 6" concentric coils for the Sport??? I don't see them listed in the catalog???
DFXDon

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

DFXDon, here is the coil.
Posted by: Monte
Date: September 04, 2018 02:33PM
https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/mx-six-shooter-6-concentric-coil/?lang=us

It is the new coil labeled 'Six Shooter' for the MX Sport and MX-7 models.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Nokta - Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta - Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Date: September 05, 2018 10:46AM
I orded mine yesterday its coming from Whites as we speak THANKS GUYS for all the info
DFXDon

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Re: DFXDon, here is the coil.
Date: September 16, 2018 07:48PM
I got mine super coil now all I need is a coil cover for it so far I can't find one I don't think they have them made yet
DFXDon

Central Minnesota

I don't use a cover on my 6 shooter, it is made tough enough that I doubt you would hurt itN/T
Date: September 17, 2018 11:07AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login