Findmall.com
 
 






White's Main Detecting Forum


Welcome! Log In Register
MX-7 Coming
Posted by: woody
Date: June 19, 2018 11:22AM
Should be here in a few days. Have not had a Whites in a few years. Any tips to help get me running with the 7? This will be my 50th detector. My first was a Whites. To me, that's very appropriate. Thanks, guys and dolls.

avatar
Re: MX-7 Coming
Posted by: Elton
Date: June 19, 2018 12:41PM
I'm sure you will love it. All reports indicate it's a very capable detector and produces the goodies...


Keep us posted Woody..



Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

avatar
Re: MX-7 Coming
Posted by: Architex
Date: June 19, 2018 02:29PM
A. Read the manual.
B. Watch the videos, both White's and you tube.



The real treasure is in the marketing.

XP Deus / CTX 3030 / Equinox 800

Re: MX-7 Coming
Posted by: Hombre
Date: June 19, 2018 02:57PM
C&J mode....2 tone....8 Sens....Disc. accept -40 on up..Thresh just audible...GB locked..GL & HH



" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

My first factory-produced detector was a White's.
Posted by: Monte
Date: June 19, 2018 05:52PM
But that was 50 Years ago, in the summer of '68 after using home-built M/ML's for 3 years.

What we can get from White's today is a far cry from those early-era BFO's. I enjoy my oldish XLT and kind-of-older modified Classic ID, but definitely enjoy using my MX-7's!! :thumbup:

'Tips' are really going to be more of a personal decision after you've got some time under your belt with this device, and it also depends on what you plan to be hunting for and the ground environment and trash conditions you'll be dealing with. That said, my units are set to turn-on and start-up in the Coin & Jewelry program ... (White's term that most folks refer to as a search 'mode') ... and these are my basic start-up settings. The nice thing about the MX-7's design is you can change things up as desired on-the-fly and it remembers those when shut down. Here are my choices:

Coin & Jewelry Program:

GB 'Locked' as I do not use Auto-Tracking
Volume at '30'
Sensitivity at '8'
Reject Volume at '10'
Tones, usually at '4' but occasionally at '2' ... and seldom, but now-and-then for Urban Coin Hunting, at '8'
Disc. is set to Accept from '-10' on up.
Search Coil preference the 'Six Shooter' ... The 6½" Concentric for 90% of my hunting and the other 10% I use the Detech 7" DD, especially in water.

I really like the MX-7, and the more I use it the more 'likeable' it gets to be.

Monte



"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My 'Regular-Use Detector Team' are various models from: Nokta / Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
My 'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta / Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.


*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147


Re: MX-7 Coming
Posted by: woody
Date: June 19, 2018 09:03PM
Thanks so much. Look forward to the "7".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login