Findmall.com

White's Main Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
WHITES SILVER EAGLE
Posted by: chalkhillblue
Date: August 09, 2018 02:37PM
Hi all I have been offered one of these detectors is it a better performing detector than my xlt ?...

Re: WHITES SILVER EAGLE
Posted by: Elton
Date: August 09, 2018 08:12PM
NO………

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: chalkhillblue
Date: August 10, 2018 05:35AM
Ok thank I will stick with my faithfull old xlt...

Date: August 10, 2018 10:24AM
I did not mean to imply it wasn't a decent older model detector.. I just answered your question. It is not better than the xlt and was an earlier release in the Whites line.
It uses c batteries.

Administrator

Posted by: straker
Date: August 10, 2018 04:39PM
The Eagle was a very stripped down Eagle Spectrum. Stripped down so much,that some considered it a digital based 6000 Di Pro SL.

No. The ONLY decent upper-end model offered after the XLT was
Posted by: Monte
Date: August 10, 2018 05:17PM
the 6000 Pro XL that had a name change to XL Pro. Models before the XLT didn't come close to offering the balance, features and performance of the XLT, and the only creation after the XLT was the 6000 Pro XL / XL Pro. That gave consumers a choice between an very good digitally-based LCD display model and one of the best -ever- needle-meter display analog models.

Offerings before those two, and most that followed in then so-called "four filter" category, fell short of these two. I have owned a lot of XLT's since '94 often parting with one to try something new. Then I had to track down another XLT. In January I added another XLT back into my 'Detector Team' and this one, XLT #30 for me, is staying until I can no longer get out detecting.

You're wise in keeping your XLT. Just rely on it and any other makes and models that can complement it for a variety of tasks.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

My 'Detector Team' are various models from: Compass, Garrett, Makro, Nokta, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
Pinpointers: Using Nokta and Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 05:17PM by Monte.

Monte...........:clapping:
Date: August 10, 2018 05:52PM
Thank you Sir for all the time you spend answering questions....stating facts about detectors, and your take on how they work.

You Sir are much appreciated. In a word...Your "Awesome".

Administrator

If you can handle the added weight of the 4 'C' cell battery pack and slightly bigger control box:whites:
Posted by: Hombre
Date: August 10, 2018 06:50PM
Then the 5900 Di Pro SL and in the latest "CB" version, this configuration would be the pinnacle of the 4 filter circuit. This machine needs a fast to moderate sweep speed or you will lose depth if it is swept slow like a 2 filter machine. By using a smaller concentric coil (6½") like the early BlueMax 600, 5.3 BlackMax or the current 5.3 BullsEye coil and the Signal Balance set hotter than the pre set mark {> on the dial......you can actually slow the sweep speed way down. Not IDX Pro slow but at a comfortable moderate speed. Set this way the coil may also be swept at the normal,,, faster speed so that you can cover more ground if operating in a less targeted area of the hunt site !

Edit: the above description is when using the G.E.B./ Disc mode, which is my primary search mode. I also use the G.E.B. S.A.T. mode in less targeted areas and then switch to Disc. mode to check the target out.

" If in doubt, dig it out"

I use various analog detectors, knobs and switches rule.

Randy from south central Kansas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2018 07:12PM by Hombre.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login