Findmall.com

Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MX Sport Question
Posted by: DFXDon
Date: September 04, 2018 11:00AM
I just traded my DFX off for a new MX Sport and it comes with the standard 10 inch DD coil I want to know what you are using when you swing at the Tot lots I hunt a lot of school yards and they have a lot of iron in there play grounds like swings, slides, monkey bars, benches, etc lots of iron what is your coil of preference ???
Thanks for eading
DFXDon

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Don, I nhave an MX Sport and MX-7 and use the 6½" Concentric coil 95% of the time.
Posted by: Monte
Date: September 04, 2018 02:47PM
White's calls it a 6" coil and labeled it the 'Six Shooter.' It is a terrific general-purpose search coil that stays on my MX-7 full-time.

On the MX Sport I like the 6½" Concentric for the bulk of my urban Coin Hunting, too, especially working around tot-lots and other places with metal structures, but I switch to the open-frame 7" DD made for White's by Detech when I get into a water environment.

Monte

"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells
Trading Post

Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews
'How-To' help for Coin & Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting and Useful Techniques.

'Regular-Use Detector Team' are models from: Nokta - Makro, Teknetics, Tesoro and White's
'Specialty-Use Detectors' are models from: Compass, Garrett and Teknetics
Pinpointers: Using Nokta - Makro and Uniprobe Pointers.
Headphones: Using Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe ... All w/'tank style' ear cups.
Recovery Gear: Using White's DigMaster digging tool and Signature Series pouch.
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen as desired based on search site conditions.
Some models are assigned for 'Regular-Use' and others are on-hand for 'Specialty Use.'
Additional search coils, mounted on spare lower-rods, are on-hand in my Accessory Coil Tote.

*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

monte@stinkwaterwells.com .. or .. monte@ahrps.org
(503) 481-8147

Re: Don, I nhave an MX Sport and MX-7 and use the 6½" Concentric coil 95% of the time.
Posted by: DFXDon
Date: September 04, 2018 03:14PM
Thanks Monti that's what I wanted to know
DFXDon

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login