Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
MX 7 At fresh water beach?
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: September 21, 2018 12:24PM
I see in owners manual beach it refers to salt water beaches .If i go to fresh water beach will this mode work?Do i ground balance in beach mode?Then can i switch to cj mode or relic mode.?My MX 7 should be here tomorrow .I have hunted the beach with my Makro racer 2 and explorer 2. Have other whites models but they never were that good at the beach they are older models. So when machine arrives tomorrow i want to run through a few different places to try it out.Will just be using stock coil.All tips or tricks would be of help. thanks.

'Beach' selection is best for:
Posted by: Monte
Date: September 21, 2018 03:37PM
Wet saltwater beaches, and it is also helpful if hunting wet alkaline desert soils as the wetted alkalinity will be low-level conductive similar to a wetted saltwater beach.

I use the Coin & Jewelry mode 95% of the time with my MX-7, and my time is devoted to Relic Hunting about 70% of the time and Coin & Jewelry Hunting the other 30%. From the factory default set-up I accept the upper rejected segment, select a reject Volume setting of '10,' run my Sensitivity at '08' and most hunting is done with either '2-Tone' or '4-Tone' audio depending on my mood and the amount of debris there is to deal with.

Freshwater beach hunting I have just used the automated Ground Balance in C&J mode, and I never use Auto-Tracking. I keep the Lock Track function in use. Just work the coil ±2" off the ground, use a slow and methodical sweep speed, and remember to overlap. Enjoy the MX-7 as I know I sure do. :thumbup:


"Your EYES ... the only 100% accurate form of Discrimination!"

Stinkwater Wells Trading Post
Metal Detector Evaluations and Product Reviews ... or ...
Fisher:(2), Nokta-Makro:(4), Teknetics:(2), Tesoro:(2)
Killer B's 'Hornet' and White's Pro Star and Detector Pro's Uniprobe
Note: Detectors are listed alphabetically by Brand. Models are chosen based on search site conditions.
*** All working well today to make memories for tomorrow. ***

Re: MX 7 At fresh water beach?
Posted by: dfmike
Date: September 21, 2018 07:24PM
I used my MX7 a few times at the beach lately. We only have fresh water beaches here. There is no need to do anything special really. I set it on C&J, ground balance and lock the tracking. You might want to check the ground balance in a few areas or after you've been detecting for some time. At the beach I only use 2 tone as I dig everything above iron anyway. Like Monte I set the rejection volume at 10 just to barely hear the iron debris. If I get fed up with the iron noise, I set it at zero.

Have fun and keep us posted.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Dfmike .Tried to send Pm.But having problems with my i pad.
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: September 21, 2018 08:51PM
Read your pm.I will try and post tomorrow night.

Thanks Monte.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: September 21, 2018 08:52PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login