Findmall.com

Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Tek . Point pinpointer.Opinions? My old pin pointer is fadeing.N/T
Posted by: ohio fred
Date: October 21, 2018 06:38PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Tek . Point pinpointer.Opinions? My old pin pointer is fadeing.
Date: October 21, 2018 09:37PM
My old pinpointer is starting to go.Was just looking into reviews on pinpointers.Was wondering about new P.I. Pinpointers.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: October 24, 2018 06:58PM
For the most part I've heard lots of good things about the newer Fisher and Teknetics PI pinpointers. I don't have one but I probably will next year. Increased depth is something I am looking for.

I have a Makro and a Nokta pinpointer. I bought the Makro 2-3 years ago and the Nokta recently as a backup or to use when a relative/friend wants to join me on a hunt. I like them both but strangely the Makro has a more powerful vibration feel which I like since I never use the audio. The volume on the Nokta is louder. The increased depth of the Fisher offerings would sometimes allow me to know exactly where the target is at the bottom or edges of the hole (in theory anyway).

Here is a review of the Nokta in hard conditions:

https://youtu.be/T6egeaDT8I0

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: October 24, 2018 07:23PM
Depth with the F-Pulse is the same as the depth with the Garretts Propointer AT. The F-Pulse feels better built, but it is prone to go into a chirping mode at various times.

Posted by: TheHunterGT
Date: October 25, 2018 11:46PM
Every Tek-Point and F-Pulse I have tested (like 8 or so now) have been a good .50 to .75 inches better than the Carrot. A full inch on larger gold rings.

The Carrot beats the Makro by a good .25 to .50 inches....however, I thought the Makro was the better PP....even with the falsing on max sens.

Carrot would definitely be 3rd place for me.

Find yourself a Uni-Probe
Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: October 26, 2018 10:21AM
These go deep and is Pulse Induction. Smaller footprint and Sensitive.
They made a headphone set w/probe or they made the pocket uni-probe.
Tough to find but one the best out there. JMHO
Good luck in your choice of pinpointer. ..
silverseeker 2

Thanks..N/T
Date: October 26, 2018 11:13AM

Thanks everyone.N/T
Date: October 26, 2018 11:14AM

Posted by: rebel pride
Date: November 03, 2018 07:29PM
I have tried the minelab pro find 25 and 35 ,Fisher and Garrett pinpointers and recently purchased a tek-point and feel it is far superior to the others. Not kicking the others but the tek-point is deeper and waterproof. I am so satisfied that Im going to order one for a spare to keep in my truck. ( Have left mine at home).

Re: Find yourself a Uni-Probe
Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: November 04, 2018 03:55PM
silverseeker 2
These go deep and is Pulse Induction. Smaller footprint and Sensitive.
They made a headphone set w/probe or they made the pocket uni-probe.
Tough to find but one the best out there. JMHO
Good luck in your choice of pinpointer. ..
silverseeker 2

I'm still using its oversized brother, the Pistol Probe for the same reasons. Can't use it with my CTX though, terrible cross-talk and drives the PP crazy. Even noise cancelling or manually setting the frequency channels won't help. For that reason I've stayed away from other pulse induction pinpointers.

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Thanks.N/T
Date: November 05, 2018 02:25PM

Thanks.you.N/T
Date: November 05, 2018 02:26PM

Posted by: BH505Man
Date: December 02, 2018 05:10AM
My Tek - Point pinpointer works great or me. It does the job so well that if my T2 indicates a target depth of 4 or less inches, I use the Tek = Point to more precisely pinpoint the target before cutting my plug. As a result my plugs are smaller.

Walt from Washington State
US Air Force TSgt, Retired
Served 1972 - 1994

Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 with 4", 8", 10" & 11"DD coils, Tek-Point pinpointer, Lesche digging knife, Lesche Sampson shovel, homemade 3" diameter plug popper, Teknetics T2 Classic with 5"DD,11"DD & 15"DD, CORS Strike (NEL Tornado) 12x13" DD coils.
Previous detectors: Relco BFO, Whites Coinmaster BFO, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Cen-Tech pinpointer.

Posted by: Kraemer
Date: December 02, 2018 10:48AM
The Tek-Point or F-Pulse feel more robust and durable than any other pinpointer I have used. There both the same just different colors. And as THGT has shown on video they are more sensitive. Being PI they are unaffected by soil mineralization. Also like that they use AA batteries. Either one is an excellent choice.

Re: Thanks.you.
Posted by: Druid
Date: December 06, 2018 04:56PM
Long time UniProbe user here Ohio Fred,

Pros:
it is a genuine PI detector in the headphones, unaffected by soil, salt, etc.
It has some serious detecting depth, up to 4" or so and can be tuned to suit your needs, (threshold & frequency) using a nickel and your detector of choice.
UniProbe is useful to test targets before digging, it can tell you a lot about the depth/accessibility of the target and determine best retrieval method

Cons:
Not cheap but you get both a probe & decent head phones in one package
audio characteristics of the headphones may or may not suit your personal hearing
Coil cable attached probe may feel cumbersome, tangle prone at first, need to tailor your outfit to accommodate the additional cable
Expect heavier headphones due to having 9 volt battery in ear cup.

if possible try a set prior to purchase.

I have two of them so you know where I stand.:thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login