Findmall.com

Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: MX7 finds me some silver like a boss
Posted by: El
Date: January 11, 2019 02:19PM
Thanks for the for the honest evaluation of both units. Appreciate it.

El

Re: MX7 finds from the following weekend Hollow object, part of lipstick tube?
Posted by: dfmike
Date: January 13, 2019 04:00PM
Druid
Hi Mike,
That looks suspiciously like some of the old lipstick tubes I have dug.
Nice finds, nice location!
What do you think of the MX7 as a first detector for an absolute noobie?
Where in Canada do you hang your hat?
Cheers,
Drew.

Lipstick tube ? That's what I thought initially but wasn't sure. It probably goes with the compact that I found nearby.

This is only my personal opinion but I think I would have sold the MX7 if I had bought it as my first detector. As I mentioned in another post, it's noisy and in junky spots it makes it hard to distinguish trash from good targets (it will single beep and hiccup a lot in those areas even with discrimination used and moderate gain). It forces one to slow down and investigate with more care. It makes it harder to learn the lingo for a newbie and not dig too much trash. There are a lot more options than other detectors I have used (F5 and F19, CoRe mainly) which is not necessarily good for a beginner just trying to learn to dig good targets and have fun doing so. I'm glad I gained some experience on other simpler machines before I got this one. Just my 2 cents.

I am in la belle province : Quebec

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2019 04:01PM by dfmike.

Re: MX7 finds from the following weekend Hollow object, part of lipstick tube?
Posted by: Druid
Date: January 15, 2019 09:39PM
Thanks for the feedback Mike,
I have been hitting up a lot of the folks on the forums for opinions on newb. machines on behalf of my adult niece who is near you in Ontario, (well' a lot nearer than to me here in B.C.):canadaflag:
Oh well, the search goes on.
Cheers, & HH,
Drew.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login