Findmall.com

Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Minelab Equinox series compared to the Minelab BBS machines
Posted by: JASONSPAZ1
Date: January 10, 2019 06:42PM
Obviously recovery speed is on the Equinox side. But what about raw depth especially on salt wet sand.
Also by tones I can easily I’d aluminum and bottle caps with my Sovereign GT. The BBS machines run on approximately 17 frequencies simultaneously.
Not looking to get a mine vs your debate. Just wondering if an equinox out depth a Sovereign in the wet sand. Also my GT is my go to machine in minimum iron wide open fields. It loves large cents and deep silver.
Thanks in advance.
HH
Jason

"If you walk away from a target still thinking of it,
then go back and dig it"

Metal Detecting in Massachusetts and New Hampshire for 30 years.
Merrimack Valley Metal Detecting Group on Facebook.

I currently use a Makro Multi Kruzer and a Minelab Sovereign GT.

Re: Minelab Equinox series compared to the Minelab BBS machines
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: January 30, 2019 02:18AM
I also an a GT user. I use the GT on the dirt and the Excal on the beach and in the water. I have not seen any postings comparing either of them against the NOX. So until such time as I am convinced that the NOX will out perform my machines I will continue to use them.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: sultan
Date: March 10, 2019 11:25AM
A friend of mine uses an old minelab sovereign ( about 20 years old....) and so I could compare my equinox 600 to his old machine in the Beach , wet and dry Sand. Believe me: keep your old machine that runs quiter and goes deeper than the "fantastic" equinox! You can swing the
Equinox faster, but this is the only advantage....Even compared to my Fisher Gold Bug DP and my friends Whites Mxt the Equinox shows no advantage. These Two machines go deeper than the Equinox, even in the wet Sand. The Equinox is not more than a marketing gag and a toy....I can only laugh about the words "......that obsolets all single frequency machine...." I have sold my Equinox because I need a detector that I can rely on ! Example: my friend found a big silver ring that the equinox was not able to indicate with a clear signal. Ridiculous! Or: The Sensitivity to EMI forces me to often run it at reduced gain whereas the other called machines can work At full gain. And no: my equinox is not damaged! These results could be shown with another equinox.

Posted by: Zinc Penny
Date: April 01, 2019 01:56AM
I dont think that its nearly as good as a Excal, I have 2 Excals an Irish Excal and a Malaysian made one. I find a lot and am comfortable with them and know im not missing anything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login