Findmall.com

Main Comparison Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pin pointers
Posted by: Mike(NC)
Date: January 23, 2019 10:37AM
Been away from diggin for some time now. I see quite a few pin pointers out there, but not many comments about them. The comments I usually see are on the Garrett. Are they all pretty equal or are there a couple that stand out in performance? Thanks for any replies..!

Re: Pin pointers
Posted by: Mkus
Date: January 23, 2019 11:34AM
I have a Drus so I bought the MI-6 which links to the detector or not because I also have a nox 800 so I use it with both its
A great pin pointer now they make the MI-4 it’s cheaper and does not link up but the reason I like them the most is they’re rechargeable
No darn bartteries! They can go up to 90 hours run time on a single charge and I’ve never had it die on me in field like a carrot!
Just my two cents. And it floats
Mark

Posted by: brianc577
Date: January 23, 2019 07:24PM
My advice is be careful who you buy from, lots of knock offs from china. Many under brand names on public auction sights (dumbay).

Posted by: GroundScanner
Date: January 24, 2019 07:39PM
Very good advice. GS
brianc577
My advice is be careful who you buy from, lots of knock offs from china. Many under brand names on public auction sights (dumbay).

Posted by: dfmike
Date: January 28, 2019 10:46AM
I have both a Makro and a Nokta pin pointer. I'm impressed at how well they perform and at their durability in really tough conditions. The new Fisher/Tek pulse models intrigue me for their increased depth. It could come in handy when the targets are deep. Apart from that I feel no need to change.

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Posted by: Kraemer
Date: January 29, 2019 10:21AM
The TekPoint and FPulse are both great pointers. Stay clear of the knock offs and most all of the major brand units work well.

Posted by: BobOso
Date: February 01, 2019 03:50PM
Might just be me, but I sent the fpulse back, it kept falsing, I would have to keep restarting it while trying to find the target. My Garrett is also a problem, sent it in for repairs once, but it developed other issues, I now only have 1 sensitivity setting, and it will only beep (no vibrate). I would like to find one that actually works properly, and that pinpoints, not get you within 4 inches of the target, my metal detectors will do that.

Posted by: emma
Date: April 20, 2019 11:49AM
Mike(NC)
Been away from diggin for some time now. I see quite a few pin pointers out there, but not many comments about them. The comments I usually see are on the Garrett. Are they all pretty equal or are there a couple that stand out in performance? Thanks for any replies..!

The Garrett carrot, hands down

Posted by: 5900_XL-1
Date: April 20, 2019 12:25PM
If you can get an F-Pulse which is solid(meaning the battery compartment and tension spring is well made and tight), you will be happy. I got mine back when they came out on the market and have done my own personal re-designing on my F-Pulse. I finally got mine working great.

The newest generation units could just be perfect. I also own the Carrot and has been a good pointer. Sensitivity won't match the F-Pulse though.

Good luck.

Posted by: mrwilburino
Date: April 20, 2019 03:47PM
They all seem to be pretty decent now a days, unlike a decade or so ago when they were mostly toys except for a few.

Fisher Teknetics XP Minelab

Re: Pin pointers UniProbe by DetectorPro
Posted by: Druid
Date: April 27, 2019 10:44AM
PI probe built in to the headphone, tune-able, & deep. $$$.

Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: May 30, 2019 06:33AM
The new Nokta Makro Pulse Dive pinpointer is built like a tank, has a built in rechargeable battery, easily adjustable depth and sound or vibration. Definitely a high quality pinpointer built to last.

MXT Pro W/ 5.3 , 5" EXCELLERATOR II, 9.50 , 8X6 SEF , 12X10 SEF COILS
T2 Classic W/ STOCK AND 5" COILS, NEL SHARPSHOOTER, NEL SNAKE, AND 15" COIL
DEEPTECH VISTA GOLD W/ STOCK 11" SUPER SIX, AND EPIC 14" COILS
MAKRO MULTI KRUZER W/ STOCK COIL, 5" AND 7" COILS
NOKTA / MAKRO ANFIBIO MULTI w/ STOCK COIL
TEKNETICS PATRIOT W/ STOCK COIL
FISHER 1280 W/ 10.5" COIL
DETECTOR PRO PIRATE
1212X
1220 x W/ STOCK COIL
1266 XB W/ 3 3/4", 5" , 8", 10.5 ", AND 11 " COILS
1270 X W/ STOCK COIL
CZ-3D W/ STOCK COIL
CZ7a W/STOCK COIL, 5" COIL, 10.5" COIL
FISHER F 75 SPECIAL EDITION W/STOCK COIL, AND 5" COIL
MOHAVE W/ STOCK COIL
SILVER µMAX W/ STOCK COIL , 18 " CLEAN SWEEP, AND RSD COIL
CLASSIC IDX W/ 5.3 AND 9.50 COILS
CLASSIC IDX PRO W/ 9.5" COIL x2
TROY SHADOW X2 W/ SUPER 7 COIL
X-TERRA 705 W/ 9" 7.5 KHZ, 9" 3.2 KHZ, 5X10 18.75 KHZ, AND 15" WOT 3.2 KHZ COILS
MAKRO RED RACER W/ STOCK, 5", AND NEL HUNTER COILS
NOKTA FORS C0RE W/ STOCK COIL
NOKTA FORS CORE PRO PACK
KILLER B'S , WHITES PRO STAR AND STARLITE HEADPHONES , DETEKNIX W6 WIRELESS HEADPHONES, GRAY GHOST ULTIMATES, GRAY GHOST NDT HEADPHONES, TROY PRO HEADPHONES
LESCHE DIGGER, PREDATOR DIGGER, LESCHE SAMPSON, WHITES GROUND HAWG, AND LESCHE GROUND SHARK SHOVELS
SUN RAY, WHITES, AND TESORO FINDS BAGS
WHITES TRX AND GARRETT AT, MINELAB PRO FIND 25, Mars MD, NOKTA MAKRO PULSE DIVE PINPOINTERS, Sunray FX-1 and FZ-1 probes

Posted by: Billieg
Date: July 13, 2019 07:02PM
I'll add my 2 cents. I've had a few pin pointers and some were good and some not so good. A buddy of mine bought a Whites TRX? I think that's right. He showed me how only the point of the pointer detects so where you point it the target lies. My Garrett is 360* so stick it in the hole and if it goes off you don't know if the target is at the bottom or the sides just that it is still there. As soon as I can I'm gettin a Whites.

Lookin for a hunting buddy in the Deltona Fl. area: Minelab E-trac and Garrett AT - Pro. And a customized 2008 Harley Deluxe.

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: July 14, 2019 01:04AM
Never seen the need for one.

Posted by: Flintstone
Date: July 14, 2019 03:05PM
I have had 4 other pin pointers, and now have the Whites TRX, that is what I use all the time now. If you haver put a bad cut on a good silver coin, you need a pin pointer. once you use one for a week, you will not want to detect with out one. you can get $16.00 one at Harbor F. just to give them a try, it won't work as well as MI6 or whites or garrets. Good luck flintstone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login