Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: TheLegend27
Date: January 19, 2017 06:38AM
Former software developer. Quit that gig. Changing careers. Finishing medical school now at 43.

Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: oleterryg
Date: February 20, 2017 04:22PM
Owned and operated an independent property and casualty insurance agency for 38 years. My wife and I worked together for 28 of those years.

Retired 5 years ago. My son purchased the business and doing well.

Posted by: Speedlunker
Date: April 25, 2017 02:28PM
Active Firefighter/EMT, Urban Search and Rescue Team Member:usaflag:

Posted by: Mega
Date: May 06, 2017 04:01AM
Was able to retire 'healthy' from main stream work at 50 and living the 'Dream as they say' :wink:

A stick with a plastic ring at one end and an eternal optimist at the other!

Posted by: irnwrkr
Date: May 06, 2017 01:54PM
Crane operator

Posted by: xjjeepster
Date: May 08, 2017 10:21PM
Police Officer (Full Time) 11 years
Cabinet Maker (Part Time) Since High School

Posted by: skipper1
Date: July 07, 2017 08:43AM
Worked in radio on air for 42 years. Now, I drive a school bus and love it. I have a AT Max coming as soon as they're released and can't wait.

Posted by: GunBoss
Date: July 19, 2017 11:23AM
I served 38 years in the Navy, came in as a E-1 and retired as an 0-6 just last year, served on Submarines, Submarine Tenders and a Aircraft Carrier as well as overseas. I now work for General Dynamics Mission Systems as an Engineering Fellow. I have a Garrett Treasure Ace 300 that I am passing down to my granddaughter because I just go the AT Pro.

Posted by: undersc0re
Date: November 08, 2017 04:20PM
Freight train conductor, locomotive engineer when needed.
I gave up metal detecting a few years ago and sold my trex scoop, at gold, and garrett pin pointer. Now I would like to get back into it, I am patiently researching which detector to invest in. Hoping garrett releases a new pi detector :shrug:. Otherwise this spring I will probably get an atx....was dreaming of a gpz...lol. I am in an area that is mineralized, with the odd small nugget, lots of river bedrock and gravels to detect not to mention tons of silt. I am up in B.C. Canada.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 04:23PM by undersc0re.

Posted by: ronaldj2
Date: January 21, 2018 07:57PM
Been in the glazing trade for almost 30 years. Fabrication of commercial aluminum storefronts and glass installation as well as mirrors, high end shower enclosures . Basically all types of glass work. Married 26 years (Feb. 15) have 4 sons, one is currently serving in the US Navy on board the USS Mesa Verde. Life is good !!

Posted by: odancoiler
Date: February 03, 2018 03:50PM
I’m a semi retired HV Trouble Lineman. Luvin this new sport/hobby. I have a few machines, though hopefully the new Equinox will serve me well on an impossible iron infested beach. Someday I’ll find that pot of Gold! TM

Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:N/T
Posted by: patrico
Date: February 07, 2018 09:17AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: CartridgeCalls
Date: February 15, 2018 03:33PM
Electronics Engineer for the US Air Force 2016-Present
Electronics Tech 8 yrs2008-2016
Military Intelligence 1999-2007 (OIF- OEF 100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 03:35PM by CartridgeCalls.

Posted by: Heinyhunt
Date: February 18, 2018 09:11PM
Carpenter

Posted by: Wrightdigger
Date: February 20, 2018 07:24AM
I started out typical with a couple fast food jobs. Then I served in the army for two years. Stay at home Mom for 7-8 years. Then I went to work for the family business and went back to school. Now I do all the accounting, payroll, most of the tax filings, and background checks on new hires. Sounds like a lot but with the software, I only work 10-20 hours a week. While at work I sometimes dabble in genealogy and try to research my finds.

I got into this hobby because of the property we bought has lots of trash sites. Mostly I find bottles and iron farm relics, and trash. I did find an 1854 dime last summer. It's the only coin I have found using a metal detector.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login