Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: reptiking
Date: March 02, 2018 03:47PM
i'm. a chef former truck driver and vet. 10th mtn li inf 214 cco. Just got an AT Pro have used bounty hunters and Garrett ace 150

Re: There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:
Posted by: Nevada Prospector
Date: March 23, 2018 06:07PM
I was a Parachute Rigger in the US Army, 18th Airborne Corps during the Viet Nam War.
After college, Electronics Tech in radio and telephone.
Retirement job was truck driving but am now retired and give full attention to my hobbies.
Hobbies are: Traditional Wood working, Metal fabrication and Metal detecting from nugget shooting to relic hunting, Black Powder shooting and re-enactments.
I've been married to the same gal for 43 years!

Posted by: VancouverTom
Date: March 26, 2018 08:21AM
I have been a computer programmer (Software Engineer) since the early 80's. I got my first computer in 1978, a TRS-80 Model 1. I had an electronics repair shop for a while, repairing TVs and VCRs - along with other things people brought in to my shop. I am also an Extra class Ham radio operator, but not very active anymore. Now I am looking forward to retirement in about 2 1/2 years.

Tom
Vancouver, WA

Posted by: TX47
Date: April 11, 2018 10:47AM
New guy here in central Texas.

Dunno about brilliant...:rolleyes: 35 years land surveying. Retired. Last 16 years of my working life spent in the office designing residential subdivisions mostly.

For starters, I'll be shoving an Ace 400 around. Wanted to stay within a certain price point, and Bingo the 400 + carrot & accys. was right there, basically. I did exceed my drop-dead price by a couple of shekels.

Man of a thousand hobbies...well OK maybe only 900-ish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2018 11:06AM by TX47.

Posted by: tarajudy
Date: April 22, 2018 01:09AM
SINCE TRUMP BECAME PRESIDENT I BECAME UNEMPLOYED. NO LIE. CUT BACKS AT MY COMPANY.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: May 18, 2018 06:59AM
Must have been a DimoRat Tee shirt co.

Posted by: woody
Date: October 05, 2018 09:09PM
Did you work for the Chinese?

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: December 13, 2018 07:34PM
Retired Pa. State Police after 30 yrs..got in hobby late in middle 50's of age... Now 80 and caregiver for my sick wife of 54yrs and basically an armchair detectorist and have owned and used many Garrett units over the years..always next year one hopes...

Posted by: BobOso
Date: December 31, 2018 05:41AM
US Army Vet, 30 years Auto Collision Tech, 8 years community College Instructor, Retired with DDD, but dig and prospect.

Posted by: lookin4fun79
Date: January 04, 2019 11:54AM
I am a maintenance tech, with robotics and trained to work on up 13KV for a major grocery manufacture for the last 19 years. Wife is a RN. She wanted to go dirt fishin for the last few years and I wasn't on board with it much. Decided to jump in the kool-aid and got us Ace 300 and 400 for Christmas. She has it bad, been on me all week since we haven't been out since Saturday. I can say I didn't think I would get the bug as bad as I have also. Even tho in just the short time we have been detecting(early Dec 2018) we haven't found anything much to write about, we truly do have a great time out looking together! From cruising the forums I must be lucky having my best friend/wife that's into it as much if not more than I am.

Posted by: Glenneng33
Date: February 15, 2019 02:58PM
I served 11 years in the USAF.
Got a couple years of College in the Service.
Got out and got a Civil Engineering degree.
Worked here and there then moved home.
Working out of my house doing land development projects

Just ordered a Garrett ACE 400. Brand new hobby. Not sure where this will lead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login