Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Curious about coils: mono vs DD vs concentric vs...
Posted by: controlfreq
Date: June 02, 2018 07:41PM
Kind of gotten curious about coils lately. Having only two each, for both detectors (large stock and 8" mono on the Infinium, stock DD and smaller DD on AT Pro) it's never been much of an issue; big coil for area and depth, small coil for resolution. But lately I've been reading a bit about the different types and just got curious about what value would it add to have a concentric for my ATP? The Garrett site lists five coils for the AT line; two DDs, two concentrics, and the little sniper.

I've found a few articles on this scattered about the interweb but and still trying to digest them... thoughts, comments?

Thanks

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the elixir of canephora and arabica that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Garrett ProPointer
Tesoro Stingray II
a really long handled shovel...

Re: Curious about coils: mono vs DD vs concentric vs...
Posted by: WaterWalker
Date: June 03, 2018 06:30AM
Posted by: controlfreq
Date: June 03, 2018 08:33AM
Thanks, I had looked on the Garrett site for a tutorial like... thanks

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the elixir of canephora and arabica that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Garrett ProPointer
Tesoro Stingray II
a really long handled shovel...

Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: June 04, 2018 12:32AM
I prefer concentric coils over DD coils. They give much more accurate ID, easy to pinpoint with (2 ways) and in my soil get great depth too! My 2 favorite coils are the 6.5" x 9" coil and 9" x 12" coil, both concentric coils. However, some people say in highly mineralized soil, DD coils will get better depth over a concentric coil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login