Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Garrett Pro Pointer AT ?
Posted by: shep70
Date: January 15, 2019 11:43AM
New to this hobby. Have been researching pinpointers and it seems that the Garrett Pro AT is one of the best. Have a line on a used one from a private party that he says is about 1 1/2 yrs. old. Hasn't given me a price yet. Anyway, I discovered that there are fake aftermarket ones and have read several articles on this subject but have never seen how to tell the difference between the real one and the fake one. They show pictures but never tell how to differentiate between them. I'm talking about the "Garrett Pro Pointer AT" the orange one not the black one. This fellow is trying to sell it in a package with a Minelab E-trac metal detector but said he would split them up if he hasn't gotten an offer on the package soon.

So Any help on how to tell the difference between the real one and the fake one?

Thanks for any help, shep70 - Garrett ACE-300

Re: Garrett Pro Pointer AT ?
Posted by: slingshot
Date: January 17, 2019 02:38PM
https://youtu.be/zI7OOYb_G80
This is the only video I've found. The AT just came out.

Posted by: shep70
Date: January 18, 2019 11:37AM
Thanks, but it's not the one I'm looking at.

Date: January 18, 2019 09:08PM
shep70
Thanks, but it's not the one I'm looking at.
Well, a reputable dealer (one of our sponsors) would prevent a mistake and also offer a great price!

Posted by: Dan-Pa.
Date: January 19, 2019 01:03PM
Imagine with serial # ….Garrett could help you out....certainly worth a toll free call...

This Should Help.............
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: January 19, 2019 10:01PM
Here's the difference.

Re: This Should Help.............
Date: January 25, 2019 01:01PM
John-Edmonton
Here's the difference.
These are comparisons between TRUE Garrett models. I think hr was concerned about fake models.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login