Findmall.com

Garrett Users Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: OK......What/When Will Garrett Be Up To In The Near Future? :Garrett::shrug:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: February 10, 2019 12:23AM
Of course. You can go small with the sniper coil, or big with the 9 1/2 x 12 inch coil. Sometimes adding a coil is like using a totally different detector. I used that large coil on my ACE 250, and it was my go-to coil after I tried it. Better coverage and better depth.

Re: OK......What/When Will Garrett Be Up To In The Near Future? :garrett::shrug:
Posted by: John-Edmonton
Date: February 10, 2019 12:24AM
I am going to email this thread link to Garrett next week......they need to hear this.:thumbup:

Re: OK......What/When Will Garrett Be Up To In The Near Future? :garrett::shrug:
Posted by: Gamma_Joe
Date: February 10, 2019 06:44PM
John-Edmonton wrote:

"I am going to email this thread link to Garrett next week......they need to hear this."

- - -

I hope they will take it as constructive feedback.

No one is "bad-mouthing" Garrett. They are a professional maker of top-quality detectors with a reputation for excellent customer service.

By the same token, they should be realizing that time moves on.

If somebody else comes out with a true imaging detector, with lighter weight, numerical VDI readout, continuously automatic (or easy manual) ground balance, surface elimination, salt mode, decent battery life, and in the same general price range as the GTI2500, it will be the market leader before long.

Whoever makes it, it will replace the GTI2500. It ought to have a Garrett name on it.

Cheers,

Joe

Posted by: Sven
Date: February 15, 2019 05:28PM
A lighter weight Gti2500 and a smaller imaging coil:thumbup:

Nokta/Makro Anfibio-Multi, Makro Multi-Kruzer, and few others
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: ChuckVT
Date: March 24, 2019 04:00PM
Right on about graphic target imaging and surface elimination, John! I have a GTI1500 in my stable of 7 detectors, and although it is the oldest of them, I will never get rid of her. When my 66 year old body is tired, I know I can grab the 1500 and cherry pick coins and buttons all day. I don't need to do 200 knee bends anymore. If it is coin size I dig it, if not I pass. The amount of time you save by not digging oxen shoes or spoons, leaves you more time and energy to find those coins! Old is not obsolete!

Minelab Equinox 600, Troy X5, Teknetics Liberator, DeepTech Vista Gold, Tesoro Mojave, Fisher CZ-7a Pro, Detech Chaser, Makro Kruzer and Garret GTI 1500 currently. Hunting silver since 1968!
!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 04:05PM by ChuckVT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login