Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
How to $tart a new year!
Bill Ladd-525
Date: January 02, 2005 07:08PM
....you just get lucky when 10" of snow melts in time & the ground is actually soft We hit the field I got the 1812 button as my last find of 2004, & started the year off right. First signal was a early 1800's flat button, second signal & first coin for 2005...King Geo. II copper. BUt the first coin I can read ..in the middle is a nice looking George III dated 1775. Then 2005's first silver coin was the tiny Canadian 1/2 dime (heart attack; thought it was a 1/2 Reale!) Also several buttons...one a CSA Virginia Civil War even. But, maybe my best find is a Colonial wax seal with a guys head on it. Too bad there's no initials...but maybe it can be traced to someone someday?...The other guys I was with also got some great buttons too. HH, Bill

Nice Stuff Bill...
Tony (NC)
Date: January 03, 2005 06:45AM
That George is fake! Hey that's 2 of a kind..(You and my Dad)...Same date even! You guys really know how to put pressure on a guy! Can you get a closeup of the VA button? I've got to get one of those this year! I'm gonna try not to wait 'till the last second this year.

Thanx...good "fellowship" too
Bill Ladd-525
Date: January 03, 2005 08:00AM
<!--billl-->

$UPER why to go!!
donny nj
Date: January 03, 2005 08:07AM
Just like being in England LOL
Colchester Chris
Date: January 04, 2005 03:52AM
Still getting them greenies mate, I want that seal for my collection LOL.
Regards
Chris

you can have it.....
Bill Ladd-525
Date: January 04, 2005 07:16AM
<!--billl-->
an ultra rare, one of a kind, 1700's wax seal from a New England Colonist should be worth a Chunk-o-change & good for a free week probably

Re: How to $tart a new year!
NamVetLesTreasureSeeker
Date: January 04, 2005 05:09PM
CONGRATULATIONS Bill, off to a PHENOMINAL START!
HH, NamVetLesTreasureSeeker

Excellent hunt Bill! That seal looks fantastic, great find! HH
Bavaria Mike
Date: January 05, 2005 08:25AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login