Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
bring back the 1266 x:fisher:
Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: September 22, 2018 07:06PM
Fisher needs to bring back the fisher 1266 x ,can you imagine they could sell 100,000 in months :clapping:People would be standing in line to buy one again what a relic hunter:thumbup:That was one tough detector to last over twenty years and people still seeking it:fisher::clap:

Re: bring back the 1266 x:fisher:
Posted by: 88junior
Date: September 28, 2018 03:24AM
I don't think they will do it. The 1266x is a heck of a machine but the newer technology has taken over. It's sad to see but that's the way it goes.

Minelab Etrac with Pro coil and 6x8 SEF coil and 6" Detech coil and X1 Probe
Garrett AT-Gold 5x8 coil and 8.5x11 coil
Sunray Pro Golds
Deteknix X-Pointer
Raptor 31c digger and Lesche hand digger
Whites Ground Hawg shovel
Relic and Coin hunter over 25 years!!

Posted by: Sweeping-4-junk
Date: October 07, 2018 05:06AM
There is no real shortage of these over here in the UK. I see them for sale quite often nice one's too . I so a nice one go for £100 on the bay but it was collect only. Ones that are available by post / courier seem to go for around
£170 to £260. UK Buyers - Never post a Metal Detector with battery's in the machine, the reason been the dumb ass workers at royal mail will pull the machine to bits to get the battery's out , i have had this happen a few times, they are so dumb that they can't figure out how to remove the battery's and will virtually wreck your detector.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: October 07, 2018 08:52AM
Here’s what the a very knowledgeable engineer told me when I asked about it a year or two ago..

It had good sensitivity to deep coins in low mineral ground. Otherwise not so great.

The fan club comprises users who are looking for deep stuff in non-trashy areas, and who spent a long time learning its language. For those folks, the 1266 advantage is that it has great potential depth, and the challenge is to get that depth out of it. A machine that doesn't have that kind of depth to begin with, there's nothing you can do to give it that depth.

Rick Kempf

OLD Old technology..In fact just basic...
Posted by: Elton
Date: October 07, 2018 11:52AM
Just look what happened to a company that made nothing but old tech detectors.. EST. in 1980 I believe.
I don't think an innovative company like first TEXAS WILL GO IN REVERSE...

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: November 26, 2018 11:52AM
Yep I never owned a 1265/66, But always wanted to try one as such a legendary machine. I am a Big CZ fan for over 20 years. I always wanted to try one but timing wasn't right or they were crazy priced if clean or beat to death. I always heard the 1265 had better Modulated audio than the 1266 but a little less hot?

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: ric44
Date: November 26, 2018 01:09PM
I have owned both machines and wouldn't turn around for the difference . I currently own a old 1265X thats in good shape with both the 8in coil and the 10in ? These are the solid original coils and not the later spider type . I've never found the need to mount the larger coil as it goes plenty deep with the smaller coil and I have grown to be a lazy old man . Its been a year or two since I last used it but found a nice seated quarter and a handful of wheats with it at a vacant lot here in town .Just to have a machine this old that still runs and detects this well is a testament to Los Banos produced detectors and the X series line .

Date: November 26, 2018 06:20PM
What's the deepest Silver coin you ever found with it?

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Date: November 27, 2018 08:08AM
Harold,ILL.
What's the deepest Silver coin you ever found with it?

I can remember 7in wheats and silver dimes not being a problem . The quarter I mentioned was only about 6 in deep but well worn and predated the civil war .

Date: November 28, 2018 06:03PM
Here is a pic of the coin . It is a 1854 O which is a semi key date . Too bad it has a lot of wear .

Posted by: u2robert
Date: November 28, 2018 06:33PM
Sweeping-4-junk
There is no real shortage of these over here in the UK. I see them for sale quite often nice one's too . I so a nice one go for £100 on the bay but it was collect only. Ones that are available by post / courier seem to go for around
£170 to £260. UK Buyers - Never post a Metal Detector with battery's in the machine, the reason been the dumb ass workers at royal mail will pull the machine to bits to get the battery's out , i have had this happen a few times, they are so dumb that they can't figure out how to remove the battery's and will virtually wreck your detector.

How much is that in real money?:unsure:

Date: November 29, 2018 08:49AM
u2robert

How much is that in real money?:unsure:

He is talking about British pounds . Just google online to find out the US dollar conversion .

Posted by: Ron from Michigan
Date: November 29, 2018 02:13PM
I, agree with Elton. The 1266-X has excellent depth, but has poor performance as a coin hunter. I've had a couple of these units and this detector is limited by the ability to ID targets. I found myself working harder than I should. The 1266-X will give too many good IDs for deep coin size targets. The 1266-X has great balance and may make a decent relic unit, LOL the 1266-X is a relic itself like a lot of the people who use them. HH Ron

Posted by: Elton
Date: November 29, 2018 06:46PM
Ron from Michigan
I, agree with Elton. The 1266-X has excellent depth, but has poor performance as a coin hunter. I've had a couple of these units and this detector is limited by the ability to ID targets. I found myself working harder than I should. The 1266-X will give too many good IDs for deep coin size targets. The 1266-X has great balance and may make a decent relic unit, LOL the 1266-X is a relic itself like a lot of the people who use them. HH Ron

And remember after 6" depth..Poof the discrimination was gone... iron hit ,after iron hit, it wasn't fun digging all that Unless you were relic hunting..

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Date: November 29, 2018 09:36PM
Yes but didn't the coins past 6" have a smaller tighter type hit? Ron I thought You were a big fan of the 1236's? Aren't they similar to the 1266s?

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login