Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: bring back the 1266 x:fisher:
Posted by: Ron from Michigan
Date: November 30, 2018 02:36PM
I just picked up another Fischer 1235-X for the Hayes Brothers seeded hunt in Ohio for this coming August. My opinion this unit is the best tool for this job. Marion one of the club long time members told me about five years ago that the 1235 was actually a better detector than the 1236-X2. I had both of these detectors, skeptical I used them both in a park that had electrical interference problems, for me the 1235 was better. The 1235-X is the best deal out there for a turn an go unit, even better performance than a 1266 or Cibola. Yes the 1266 is deep but will punch right through it's discrimination capabilities making it useless in most parks. Sometimes its nice to give the arm a break and use a turn and go. I still have a 1934 Liberty Walking Half the 1235 found that was passed over by more capable detectors. I use other units more but sometime just for fun will use the 1235. Another problem I don't keep a 1266 in my arsenal the value they cost too much, for what you get. HH Ron

Minelab Sovereign and too many to list they come and go

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2018 02:40PM by Ron from Michigan.

Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: November 30, 2018 05:32PM
I know what You mean Ron as that's why I love My Golden uMax, nice light weight 4 Tone I.D. and one 9 volt.
Also plenty deep with the 8" Brown donut coil.
I think everyone should have one no TID detector. You would be surprised what a meter will talk you out of digging.

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Posted by: ric44
Date: November 30, 2018 05:33PM
Better coin machines than the 1265-66x ? Oh yeah thats for sure . But thats not solely what they were built for . I pushed my 1266x pretty hard back when I was relic hunting on a weekly basis several years ago and it did a admirable job on CW relics of all kinds . Brass , copper , iron , and lead it didn't matter and went as deep as I cared to dig . I found a lot of stuff with it . Their price and popularity to this day proves how well rounded the machines were and are .

Posted by: joe dirt_1
Date: December 04, 2018 12:51AM
I've owned all of the 1200 series Fishers except the 1220 pro, 1225, and the 1235. Here in midwestern Illinois they were capable coin hunters in our mild dirt.

Found tons of coins and artifacts with these machines. The 1260, 1265, and 1266 were some of the best detectors of their time, deep and comfortable to swing for long hours.

They were chatty detectors in the trash, but you knew it was trash under your coil. When you hit a deep coin you knew it.....that sweet sound stopped you in your tracks.

I wish Fisher had used the 1266 rod system on their CZ's instead of the 'S' rods.....it would have made a great detector even better.

Todays technology has given us detectors that do everything but dig the target for you. Some people like that and some would rather have a simple beep and dig detector and let their ears decide on what to dig and what to pass up.

For me, I wouldn't feel under gunned if I only had my 1266 to hunt with.....Yeah, I'm still a fan of these detectors and always will be.

Roger

MXT Pro W/ 5.3 , 5" EXCELLERATOR II, 9.50 , 8X6 SEF , 12X10 SEF COILS
T2 Classic W/ STOCK AND 5" COILS, NEL SHARPSHOOTER, NEL SNAKE, AND 15" COIL
DEEPTECH VISTA GOLD W/ STOCK 11" SUPER SIX, AND EPIC 14" COILS
MAKRO MULTI KRUZER W/ STOCK COIL, 5" AND 7" COILS
NOKTA / MAKRO ANFIBIO MULTI w/ STOCK COIL
TEKNETICS PATRIOT W/ STOCK COIL
FISHER 1280 W/ 10.5" COIL
DETECTOR PRO PIRATE
1212X
1220 x W/ STOCK COIL
1266 XB W/ 3 3/4", 5" , 8", 10.5 ", AND 11 " COILS
1270 X W/ STOCK COIL
CZ-3D W/ STOCK COIL
CZ7a W/STOCK COIL, 5" COIL, 10.5" COIL
FISHER F 75 SPECIAL EDITION W/STOCK COIL, AND 5" COIL
MOHAVE W/ STOCK COIL
SILVER ┬ÁMAX W/ STOCK COIL , 18 " CLEAN SWEEP, AND RSD COIL
CLASSIC IDX W/ 5.3 AND 9.50 COILS
CLASSIC IDX PRO W/ 9.5" COIL x2
TROY SHADOW X2 W/ SUPER 7 COIL
X-TERRA 705 W/ 9" 7.5 KHZ, 9" 3.2 KHZ, 5X10 18.75 KHZ, AND 15" WOT 3.2 KHZ COILS
MAKRO RED RACER W/ STOCK, 5", AND NEL HUNTER COILS
NOKTA FORS C0RE W/ STOCK COIL
NOKTA FORS CORE PRO PACK
KILLER B'S , WHITES PRO STAR AND STARLITE HEADPHONES , DETEKNIX W6 WIRELESS HEADPHONES, GRAY GHOST ULTIMATES, GRAY GHOST NDT HEADPHONES, TROY PRO HEADPHONES
LESCHE DIGGER, PREDATOR DIGGER, LESCHE SAMPSON, WHITES GROUND HAWG, AND LESCHE GROUND SHARK SHOVELS
SUN RAY, WHITES, AND TESORO FINDS BAGS
WHITES TRX AND GARRETT AT, MINELAB PRO FIND 25, Mars MD, NOKTA MAKRO PULSE DIVE PINPOINTERS, Sunray FX-1 and FZ-1 probes

Posted by: shooter
Date: February 03, 2019 11:50AM
Your right 88 but sometimes newer is not BETTER. I have been using the F75 LTD w/DST, and I'm not happy with the Disc. Sys. wish it was more powerfull like the 1270 and 1265X..

Shooter (North Jersey)
Fisher 555-D
Fisher 1265X
Fisher 1270 (Chest Mount)
Fisher F75 LTD
Fisher 990 VLF
Tesoro Silver Sabre (Org)
Garrett Pro Pinpointer

Posted by: thump7
Date: February 14, 2019 10:44PM
I started using a 1265 about 7 years ago and currently own both the 1265x and a 1266x. When I temporarily gave up the hobby and sold out my small collection - these two ended up being the only ones that for some reason or other I didn't part with.
As far as depth goes, I'm sure there's a lot of machines out there today that are eaqual or deeper (at least from my limited experience) than these. But, there are some things these 2 detectors can do that are hard to beat. At 4.8khz they make a nice sound on silver especially deep silver. Some might say that they like deep, bent nails and other deep iron... and I think they are right. It can be hard for any machine to identify that stuff very well, but the 1265 that I used most does a neat thing. If you pinpoint the target and then, give it a few quick sweeps - the signal will usually disappear if it's iron and stay if it's a non-ferrous. A good target will not discriminate out even at depth. On a trashy site this might not be helpful, but it still saves me digging a bunch of deep holes with iron in the bottom... on a trashy site, do yourself a favour and just get a Tesoro or something. I'm sure these machines will work there but they not only are they not super great at unmasking, they can be chatty. If there is trash there, it'll let you know... great if you are looking for old homesites.
If the ground is highly mineralized, this is not the go to machine. The depth suffers with any amount of mineralization above 'normal conditions' it seems.
It's the disc circuit, true All Metal mode and 2nd disc toggle that really make this machine a joy to use for me. Between the 3... and with some practice it can make a capable ID detector (more like 3tone but without tones). Oh, and the batteries, these things get like 70+ hrs on a set of batteries..!
Having written all this, I have to admit to myself that I still feel like an amature with these machines. I probably don't use them enough anymore and when I do use them I'm not sure if I'm relearning some things I may have forgotten or if they are teaching me new things I hadn't learnt before. Fun. They are fun machines and they sound nice to my ears.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2019 10:59PM by thump7.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login