Findmall.com

Fisher Classic Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Coil question about the C$
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: January 31, 2019 07:14AM
Hey Guys
.Does anyone know if there was a 10-1/2 inch coil made for the Coinstrike? The 6" and 8" coils take care of most places I hunt...but a 10 " + coil would come in handy with low terrain areas..thanks for your time...joe

Re: Coil question about the C$
Posted by: u2robert
Date: January 31, 2019 09:25PM
Yes they make 1 for the coinstrike good luck finding 1

Greatly appreciate the infoN/T
Posted by: Joseph in Alabama
Date: February 01, 2019 06:22AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Coil question about the C$
Posted by: michael NY
Date: February 02, 2019 12:11AM
One of my favorite detectors is the C$ they 10" are hard to find I even called a coil dealer he had none. I purchaed mine from a form member. I did make a few decent finds with it. All honetely Ive made grear finds using the standard8" coil. I have two Coinstrikes one is MINT the other is one tha gets job done. Excellent detector in the right persons hands. Good luck in search for the coil. Even if you come across an Fisher ID Edge 10" that can be used.

The 10.5" for the I.D. Edge
Posted by: vlad
Date: March 08, 2019 01:32PM
will work on a C$, but I believe the connector may need to be changed.
Check with the factory, or Keith Wills. at East Texas Metal Detectors.

Re: The 10.5" for the I.D. Edge
Posted by: trojdor
Date: March 08, 2019 03:29PM
vlad
will work on a C$, but I believe the connector may need to be changed.
Check with the factory, or Keith Wills. at East Texas Metal Detectors.

No wiring or connector changes are needed to use an ID/edge coil on a Coinstrike.
All ID Edge coils will work just fine, with no mods, on a C$. I do it all the time.

It's the other way round (C$ coil on an ID/edge) that needs a shield/ground lifted...but in either case, it's the same connector.

The real problem you'll have with a 10.5" ID edge coil, is that most of them have had the outer cable insulation shred/turn to spaghetti.
They still work fine, just not pretty...and certainly not water resistant anymore.

BTW, if you can find a Sun-Ray Invader CS-1 pinpointer for the C$, it makes the whole C$/Edge wiring differences moot.
It has a switch to allow either coil on either machine...and you don't have to remember anything.

Good luck,
:)
mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2019 03:33PM by trojdor.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login