Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I have been testing the F75/F70 with the N.E.L. Tornado the SEF 10x12 and the stock Fisher 11"DD...and THE CLEAR WINNER IS.....
Posted by: artd
Date: December 11, 2017 09:00PM
if you hunt in some what trashy parks u will get false hits from 2 targets under coil at same time. that's why I hunt with 0 sens to narrow field a little. found a toasty LC today at 6" on edge with 4 bar dirt, liking it so far

Re: I have been testing the F75/F70 with the N.E.L. Tornado the SEF 10x12 and the stock Fisher 11"DD...and THE CLEAR WINNER IS.....
Posted by: Trailduster
Date: December 18, 2017 06:10PM
I bought a NEL Thunder for my f70 and have definitely found worthy targets in areas I hit before with the 11dd and NEL Sharpshooter.

The Thunder isn't the Tornado so there is that, but I will say, in dry dirt I have hit dimes at 5"-6" that were on edge and some IH and Wheats that were shallow I missed with the 11dd. For some reason, the f70 performs exponentially better in moist earth as opposed to dry. Like night and day better. The Thunder coil made up some ground in that regard.

In my toolbox I gotta say. Thunder, Sharpshooter, 5" Fisher white puck in that order are my go-to weapons. That 5" Fisher dd puck is amazingly deep though.

The Thunder does seem to be quieter as well. Although pinpointing can be a chore if another object is nearby especially large objects and sense/thresh are high. I literally have to throw my shovel or Leshe 5ft away sometimes because it can branch out sideways with the PP button. The technique I've been using PP'ing the target is to hover 6"+ above the ground circular till I get the lowest number, then close in on that spot doing circles and X'ing the spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2017 06:11PM by Trailduster.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login