Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I heard a rumor about a new metal detector by Fisher. Is it true?
Posted by: Cal_Cobra
Date: November 02, 2017 01:13AM
I believe this is old news..... the "new" thing is supposed to be a PI machine with discrimination called the Manta. The French inventor posted a Youtube video showing it in operation:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

I'm sure in about 10 years we'll see an actual product :goodnight:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2017 01:16AM by Cal_Cobra.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 02, 2017 12:35PM
Less than 10 years - how much less? Nobody who knows is going to tell us.

Rick Kempf

rumor about a new metal detector by Fisher.
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 20, 2017 07:45PM
Seems that Richard at Backwoods Detectors (Findmall sponsor) is saying Nov 23 is the Day of a BIG Fisher Announcement. New F-75? or is the 'Fisher Manta' on our doorstep?

Rich -

. . . . enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Re: rumor about a new metal detector by Fisher.
Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 23, 2017 01:14PM
So F75/T2 “+” are the same as the F75/T2 LTD in gold/green, extra 2 year refurb warranty transfer/extension, no 5" coil, digger, f-pulse/tek-point. $649/$549 MAP

A year or so ago - the MAP prices for the F75 with boost and the T2 with boost were $1099 and $899 respectively. Included in the package was and extra 5” coil.

Now the same detectors in their new “+” package are $699 and $549 - and instead of the small coil, you get:

A transferrable 2 year segment of the 5 year warranty
A free factory overhaul once in the 5 years
A digging tool
One of the brand new and apparently excellent FT pinpointers

Is it disappointing that they’re not announcing new technology top of the line machines - of course.

Is it some kind of insult to us enthusiasts - of course not.

I have never had a T2 and plan to get one - it’s effectively a T2 with DST and Boost and a greatly improved warranty/service package for $420 (the PP is $129 by itself).

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 26, 2017 02:04AM
lytle78
So F75/T2 “+” are the same as the F75/T2 LTD in gold/green, extra 2 year refurb warranty transfer/extension, no 5" coil, digger, f-pulse/tek-point. $649/$549 MAP
A year or so ago - the MAP prices for the F75 with boost and the T2 with boost were $1099 and $899 respectively. Included in the package was and extra 5” coil.
Now the same detectors in their new “+” package are $699 and $549 - and instead of the small coil, you get:
A transferrable 2 year segment of the 5 year warranty
A free factory overhaul once in the 5 years
A digging tool
One of the brand new and apparently excellent FT pinpointers

Is it disappointing that they’re not announcing new technology top of the line machines - of course.
Is it some kind of insult to us enthusiasts - of course not.
I have never had a T2 and plan to get one - it’s effectively a T2 with DST and Boost and a greatly improved warranty/service package for $420 (the PP is $129 by itself).

Fisher is really offering a deal on this.

Deep in my heart I was hoping the new ??? was going to be announced. I used a CZ for a bunch of years in the 90’s and Fisher brings good memories.

Rich

. . . . enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Mxt Sniper
Date: January 02, 2018 03:54PM
I hope to see two new detectors emerge from Tartar's machine, a Nugget machine and a Beach Machine. Us nugget detectorists need a machine that can get those deep gram size nuggets at a reasonable price.

Posted by: pine3874
Date: January 05, 2018 05:28PM
lytle78

From what I saw on the Teknetics site, the T2+ does not have DST. Let me know if I am wrong. Thanks

Posted by: TheHunterGT
Date: January 06, 2018 12:08PM
T2 Classic and T2 plus do not have DST.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login