Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DST 9.0 vs 9.1
Posted by: Ronk
Date: November 11, 2017 01:02AM
On my new 85th anniversary F75 9.0 is slightly deeper than 9.1. At least in an Air test. I tested indoors and I didn't have any Emi in either mode.Both modes were just as quiet but I didn't change frequencies to see if it got any more noise.I was on 99 sensitivity all the time with no noise. Completely quite.Defaut is F1 on mine. I got about 1 to 1 1/2 more inches in 9.0 in disc mode. All metal mode on mine IS deeper than disc mode and locks on to target better and Id's better. I don't know if Dst really goes completely off or on but mine Is slightly deeper in an air test with 9.0.

Re: DST 9.0 vs 9.1
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 11, 2017 08:34AM
Only de Shadow knows.

Posted by: WV62
Date: November 11, 2017 09:17PM
Same here I got mine back from upgrade and I couldn't see a lot of difference in DST on or off.

As for the FA processor, it likes a pretty fast sweep speed, but you can over run it and swing to fast and it will pass right over a good target. You will need to put a good target on the ground and see what kind of swing speed you can get away with.

Settings for FA, you will need to put some targets down on the ground and see. I would say sensitivity shouldn't be any less than about 50 and go up from there.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: Ronk
Date: November 11, 2017 09:31PM
I meant my sweep speed was slightly slower than I normally scan. I'm using the 6.5 elliptical concentric and if go too fast it will skip over targets. The FA mode made things light up that I missed with other modes And detectors. One thing I really like about the F75 is that are lots of options for different sight conditions.

Posted by: TH'er
Date: November 12, 2017 04:34AM
doc holiday232
Only de Shadow knows.

Carl & Dave; In CB jargon, are you out there listening in?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login