Findmall.com

"F" Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Stock coil vs Aftermarket
Posted by: Ronk
Date: November 14, 2017 07:16PM
Are there any aftermarket coils for the F75 that Id or lock on to good targets better than stock coils?
Ronk

Re: Stock coil vs Aftermarket
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 15, 2017 09:28AM
NEL Sharpshooter.

Posted by: Welgund
Date: November 16, 2017 04:29AM
I will second the Nel Sharpshooter, very hard to beat on the F 75.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: November 16, 2017 03:10PM
For me the Fisher 5 x 10 DD out performs the Sharpshooter on my F 75. Can't honestly say there is much difference in target separation between the Sharpshooter and the 5 x 10, but I do dig deeper coins with the 5 x 10. I hunt for old coins just about every day, and the 5 x 10 hasn't been off my 75 now for close to six weeks. Its that deadly. Just my opinion, of course. HH jim tn

Date: November 16, 2017 06:12PM
What kind of dirt do you have?

Ronk

Date: November 16, 2017 08:47PM
Fairly mild. 2 to 3 bars and g b in the mid to upper 60's. HH jim tn

Date: November 16, 2017 10:28PM
That's sounds like my ground.I watched Keith S. do a video testing that coil in his bad ground and I was very impressed!

Ronk

Date: November 17, 2017 11:02AM
I use it when we go to Mn for a couple of weeks in the summer working a old fairgrounds and it performs very well there, too. That ground is a solid 3 bar with 4 showing on occasion. HH jim tn

Date: November 17, 2017 03:41PM
Does the display still jump around like the stock coil?

Ronk

Date: November 17, 2017 05:41PM
I typically hunt with DST off, but still have very little emi/jumpy screen issues with any of 3 coils I have for my 75 and if I do encounter such, I take counter measures of which the F 75 has. HH jim tn

Date: November 17, 2017 06:43PM
I can't tell the difference between dst on/off on mine but 9.0 Does give slightly more depth in the air.

Ronk

Date: November 17, 2017 08:07PM
I don't have enough serious emi issues to consider it to be a problem and am a urban hunter for the most part. My buddy and I both have 75's and either of us can see much if any difference between dst on/off. 90 does seem to be a little deeper in ground on mine. HH jim tn

Date: November 17, 2017 08:44PM
Same here. I can run 99 sensitivity in any mode and I don't get any chatter even under or close to power lines.N oot saying I won't get any chatter but so far all's good. I'm experimenting with dp and fa mode and having lots of fun! This thing sure picks up extremely tiny targets! Right now I'm using the 6.5 football coil and it sure gets in hard to get places! I Some of my holes are not always round and the small coil fits right in my oblong holes.
Ronk

Date: November 17, 2017 09:50PM
The 6.5 was my woods/brush hunting coil until I got the 5 x 10. It is a good concentric coil. HH jim tn

Date: November 17, 2017 10:53PM
After all the good reviews I've read on the 5x10 I just might have to get me an early Christmas gift!
Ronk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login