Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
F70 best tones for coinshooting
Posted by: pescadore
Date: December 26, 2017 07:23PM
I am getting a new to me F70 and anxious to do a little pre-learning about this detector. I am primarily a coinshooter and hunt parks, playgrounds, old homesteads and old property. I was curious what tones would be best for coinshooting. I was thinking I will like 4H but was wanting some opinions of experienced users of this machine. I will have the 11"DD, 10" elliptical concentric, and 5" coils.

Fisher F70, Tesoro Amigo II, Oldest coin 1700's Chinese coin, Oldest US Coins 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter, 1876 CC Seated Liberty Dime,1892 Barber Quarter, Dime and V nickel
www.youtube.com/user.pescadoremetaldetect, www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Re: F70 best tones for coinshooting
Posted by: REVIER
Date: December 26, 2017 08:57PM
I used 4H for months after I got mine because it was similar to the F2 I moved up from.
Hunting parks for coins and jewelry I didn't have to look at the screen, I could just listen closely for decent tones.
I always could find nickels but that high nickel tone helped me find more than ever before...not to mention a big gold ring hiding in heavy trash on only my 4th hunt with the thing thanks to that high 4H tone.
Nowadays I use DP more in the same situation and others depending on the site and conditions but using 4H is still a great way to do it.

"What if doing the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?”
F70, F2, Compadre, Mojave, Judge2 - 2017....Clad, 15 silver targets including a freaking Barber quarter, a beautiful walker and 4 V nickels...
Plus other cool stuff.

Date: December 26, 2017 10:47PM
Thanks, I am definitely gonna give 4H a try when I get my F70. I hope to have it the 1st week in Jan. I have it on hold till the 1st when I get paid.

Fisher F70, Tesoro Amigo II, Oldest coin 1700's Chinese coin, Oldest US Coins 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter, 1876 CC Seated Liberty Dime,1892 Barber Quarter, Dime and V nickel
www.youtube.com/user.pescadoremetaldetect, www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Posted by: jim tn
Date: December 27, 2017 12:22AM
F70/F75, the same. (I swing the latter) For me, it depends somewhat on the site. If I am hunting really old ground I use 4H mostly, unless heavily trashed. In heavy trash or in not so old ground I run 3H tones. HH jim tn

Date: December 27, 2017 11:27AM
jim tn
F70/F75, the same. (I swing the latter) For me, it depends somewhat on the site. If I am hunting really old ground I use 4H mostly, unless heavily trashed. In heavy trash or in not so old ground I run 3H tones. HH jim tn

Thanks, Looked like 4H would suit me best but just wanted some input.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login