Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Got a few today
Posted by: Bigtom123
Date: December 29, 2018 05:08PM
Hit the local park and pulled some clad,and a pair of silver quarters with the f5..The slq is beat up with no date but I'll take it..the Washington was masked by a screwcap,dug the screwcap and closed the plug..swing over it and get a high-tone a few inches over.. Flipped the plug back out,dug another alongside it and out comes the Washington.
If I'd have had a concentric coil I'd have never dug the screwcap,and never recovered the Washington.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2018 05:08PM by Bigtom123.

Re: Got a few today
Posted by: RLOH
Date: December 29, 2018 09:17PM
Tom, you are really liking that F5. I found many silvers with that setup. I found a very deep Barber quarter with a rusty nail directly on top of it. It came out rusty. I also believe the 11 inch dd coil is the perfect coil for that detector.

Posted by: jim tn
Date: December 30, 2018 04:15AM
2 silver quarters is a nice day. Good job! HH jim tn

Posted by: still looking 52
Date: December 30, 2018 02:38PM
I've gone all year and haven't found a silver quarter, nice finds right there. I did get some silver dimes so that was pretty good for me.

Date: December 30, 2018 04:07PM
Thanks guys,it's a great old park and I'm not so sure its been hit hard..I've been looking at another machine to go with f5,,either a Racer2,f75ltd or Xterra 705..tough choice

Posted by: miserman
Date: December 30, 2018 07:42PM
Nice Finds that were most likely missed many times before. Nice hunting.

Posted by: dfmike
Date: December 31, 2018 09:41AM
Bigtom123
Thanks guys,it's a great old park and I'm not so sure its been hit hard..I've been looking at another machine to go with f5,either a Racer2,f75ltd or Xterra 705..tough choice

I guess it depends on where you hunt mainly and what value you put on different detector characteristics. All I can say is that the Xterra vs F5 is like comparing apples and oranges. The biggest issues I had with the XTerra was the slow recovery speed and funky tones (that of course is subjective).

Active detectors and accessories: Fisher F19 LTD on Mars universal shaft, F19 on original shaft, Nokta Fors CoRe, Whites MX7, Makro and Nokta pointers. Killer B's and Jolly Rogers headphones and assorted coils.
Previous detectors in order of acquisition: Bounty Hunter Discovery, Fisher F44, Fisher F5, Omega 8000 V6, Minelab X-Terra 705

Date: December 31, 2018 09:54AM
I plan on keeping the f5,not goin to get rid of it..it's a solid coin and jewelery machine..was just thinking of something a little more deeper maybe?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login