Findmall.com

Fisher "F" Series Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Fisher F-75 LTD malfunction
Posted by: comisoas
Date: February 05, 2019 11:05AM
Wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem. I have not used my detector in several months and fired it up the other day. I had 2 horizontal lines where the numerical readout is. There were lines marking out numbers above as though I set notch discrimination (which I never do). After about 5 second the detector nearly goes blank with a low growl. I tried another set of batteries, same thing happened. The coil cord is tight. Batteries are put in correctly. I tried the detector factory reset, same thing happened. Detector off, push Menu and toggle outward at the same time, turned detector on, for reset. Same symptoms. I called Fisher and they may have me send it in. I am going to buy fresh batteries and try one last time. Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: Fisher F-75 LTD malfunction
Posted by: Snap On Man
Date: February 05, 2019 12:10PM
Where was it stored? Humidity might have built up on the circuit board.

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: February 05, 2019 12:49PM
Dead batteries make detectors do all sorts of weird stuff. Only takes one or two bad cells to mess it up.

Hopefully fresh batts will solve your problem.

HH
Mike

Currently own and use:
*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 *****GoldBug Pro*****Minelab E-Trac*****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****Garrett ATPRO*****

Posted by: comisoas
Date: February 05, 2019 01:20PM
I had it in the trunk of the car for a couple weeks, but it was cold here in NC during that time. No heat or humidity. Fisher said that should not have caused any problems. I will buy some fresh batteries and try.

Posted by: WV62
Date: February 06, 2019 09:17AM
Check for corrosion on the battery contacts before you give up and send it back.

Ron in WV

Worked and lived in the Huntington West Virginia area all my life, retired 2010
US Air Force Vietnam Veteran (68-69 & 70-71)
Started getting into metal detecting around 1975

Posted by: jd88047
Date: February 09, 2019 08:47PM
I hunt in a pretty rough environment. My F75 still hunted and it was in pretty bad shape when I sent it in. Fisher replaced coil and main box. I also upgraded the detector when the option came available. Mine never did that. If it dont hunt, send it in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login