Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
It's heavy brass, that's all I know
Posted by: Coptician
Date: December 08, 2018 08:58AM
Measures 2.5" square, 2.1" tall. It's one solid piece, the knob doesn't turn. No holes for mounting to anything. My best guess on the lettering (x's are illegible): Top: COLBOR x x Bottom: x x x x ERS MA x x ' Y. There's also an "H" stamped right in the middle of the knob. Found in a farm field in Chesapeake, VA adjacent to a railroad track.Posted this and now I see my pics won't attach. Grrr!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 09:05AM by Coptician.

Re: It's heavy brass, that's all I knowN/T
Date: December 08, 2018 03:58PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: It's heavy brass, that's all I know
Posted by: brianc577
Date: December 08, 2018 09:18PM
I search the web and could not find anything can you make it any more of the letters?

Date: December 08, 2018 09:29PM
Working with another forum, might have a winner. The top knob that forms the triangle of the 3 knobs looks like a strong possibility. The words on my piece are only centered around the knob correctly when a corner of the square is pointed toward the ground. It was obviously meant to be viewed in that orientation. The top knob on this pie maker is oriented the same way. And a second look at the letters, my second word could be "bakers".

Posted by: u2robert
Date: December 09, 2018 02:23PM
Coptician
n/t

I bet it's a handle to some kind of wood Plane or file

Date: December 10, 2018 07:31AM
Got it. It's a pie stamp, The bottom is pressed into the pie top to identify the pie. A for apple, C for cherry, P for pumpkin
...I guess mine is Huckleberry? Circa 1905. Colborne Bakers Machinery is still in business and their automated machinery makes 90% of massed produced pies in the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2018 07:32AM by Coptician.

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: December 10, 2018 08:32AM
Congratulations on the ID. That is unique find for sure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login