Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Possibly a Token??
Posted by: Explorer.se
Date: December 11, 2018 11:31PM
Howdy friends! Can someone please tell me what I have? I’m thinking a token of some sort there is nothing on the back but I’m aware of some tokens that I had found do not have anything printed on the back.

Thanks for looking

Re: Possibly a Token??
Posted by: flinthunter
Date: December 12, 2018 07:54AM
What state was it found in?

Date: December 12, 2018 08:24AM
flinthunter
What state was it found in?

In Southern California

Posted by: hunt2day
Date: December 12, 2018 02:10PM
Hi, It is a vintage railroad baggage claim. They are a neat find but pretty common. You can google vintage railroad baggage claim or tag and get much more information. Nice find !!!!!!!!!!

HUNT2DAY

Minelab Equinox 600
Minelab Explorer 2
Tesoro Sand Shark
Tesoro Silver Umax
Garrett Ground Hog (oldie but goodie)
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garrett Ace 250

Posted by: hunt2day
Date: December 12, 2018 02:16PM
I should also add it is brass.

HUNT2DAY

Minelab Equinox 600
Minelab Explorer 2
Tesoro Sand Shark
Tesoro Silver Umax
Garrett Ground Hog (oldie but goodie)
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garrett Ace 250

Date: December 12, 2018 02:50PM
hunt2day
Hi, It is a vintage railroad baggage claim. They are a neat find but pretty common. You can google vintage railroad baggage claim or tag and get much more information. Nice find !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much I’m glad I found it I will look into it further thank you and HH!

Posted by: brianc577
Date: December 13, 2018 06:49AM
They can carry quite a bit of value if you find a rarer railroad, while I no longer sell anything I find, Lifes circumstance forced me to years ago and one I dug (different railroad) sold for $356.

Date: December 13, 2018 07:54AM
brianc577
They can carry quite a bit of value if you find a rarer railroad, while I no longer sell anything I find, Lifes circumstance forced me to years ago and one I dug (different railroad) sold for $356.

Oh wow Brian has emailed a guy to find the value of mine. I sure hope I find some more.

Thank you!

Date: December 13, 2018 04:51PM
When I sold mine it was on @#$%&, I expected a couple of bucks and the auction went crazy. Mine was a heavy brass railroad badge. You have a unique number on yours with it being $1000.

Date: December 13, 2018 05:28PM
brianc577
When I sold mine it was on @#$%&, I expected a couple of bucks and the auction went crazy. Mine was a heavy brass railroad badge. You have a unique number on yours with it being $1000.

Oh wow yes it is unique I emailed someone about mine just waiting to hear back. It’s really nice and heavy as well. I can’t find one on the web!

Date: December 14, 2018 06:29AM
What is under the 1000? It says UCP & CO?

Date: December 14, 2018 10:49AM
brianc577

I believe you are right Brian I will confirm when I get home tonight

Thanks

Date: December 15, 2018 01:39AM
brianc577

Yes it has UCP &C and below it CO.

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: December 15, 2018 08:53AM
That's an interesting and nice find, but I don't think it is a railroad baggage tag. I don't see a hole for attaching this to anything and also the initials Co. are usually RR. for Railroad. If you can show me a railroad with the initials U. C. P. & C. you will make me a believer. Until then, I'm skeptical.

Date: December 15, 2018 09:53AM
flinthunter
That's an interesting and nice find, but I don't think it is a railroad baggage tag. I don't see a hole for attaching this to anything and also the initials Co. are usually RR. for Railroad. If you can show me a railroad with the initials U. C. P. & C. you will make me a believer. Until then, I'm skeptical.

I hear you flinthunter I was thinking the same as far as I could not find the initials anywhere on the internet any idea to what it could be?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login