Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I know what this item is but want more infomation about it.
Posted by: michael NY
Date: December 27, 2018 07:51PM
I dug this many years ago it sat until I decided to shoot some clear coat on a few things this is one.
Obviosley its a match safe strike is on the bottom. Item was dug in a small town 50 miles north of NYC.
ive looked and looked and found absoultey zip about it, any info i would be tha thankfull for

Michael

Re: I know what this item is but want more infomation about it.
Posted by: hawgdawg
Date: December 27, 2018 08:39PM
I have no info on it , but it is really cool . Never seen one before .

Posted by: flinthunter
Date: December 28, 2018 09:19AM
Nice find. I found a 1914 business listing for a Roseville Hotel in Newark N.J., but instead of F.W. Helbig, it named Louis Helbig as Manager. The time period seems about right so maybe hotels were a Helbig family business.

Date: December 28, 2018 09:54AM
flinthunter
Nice find. I found a 1914 business listing for a Roseville Hotel in Newark N.J., but instead of F.W. Helbig, it named Louis Helbig as Manager. The time period seems about right so maybe hotels were a Helbig family business.

New information I've found...

In 1890 Frank William Helbig built the Roseville Hotel in Roseville/Newark New Jersey and was its proprietor. I found this and more of his life history on Google under "biographical and genealogical history of the city of Newark and Essex County" page 463. Hope this helps.

Date: December 28, 2018 01:20PM
Thank you its possible newark is not that far. I forgot to mention my brother has a friend who's last name just happens to be Helbig! and he also detects ..and want this bad, I am sure to barter something for it......

Michael

Date: December 28, 2018 06:39PM
Good luck with the barter. You know the barter rules, right? Always barter up, never let the other guy get the best of you, especially when he wants the item badly. LOL :rofl:

Date: December 28, 2018 08:18PM
Haha thanks for the tip, I will be sure to print out that info along with item. As soon as I barter i will post pictures.

Michael

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login