Findmall.com

Whatzit Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Brass or Copper plate
Posted by: trooper424
Date: March 12, 2019 06:28PM
I dug this brass or copper plate (about 2x3 inches) on a farm in Connecticut. I originally thought it was just a plate but when I took it home and cleaned it up I noticed a rooster at the top. Using some side lighting I also saw a crown and below that a small shield (with small stars). You can’t see it in the pic but on the bottom (written backwards) is the phrase “Longhorn King Crown”. I’ve tried all combinations I can think of for a Google search but come up with nothing. I think it might possibly be a plate used in printing. I’m hoping someone might be able to tell me what this is. Thanks for taking the time to look and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Brass or Copper plate
Posted by: Roland58
Date: March 20, 2019 10:27PM
It appears to be a printing plate, although I could not find anything on it. The fact that there is backward printing (engraving) is what leads me to think it is a printing plate of some kind. Would it be possible to bring out any further details that would determine if everything is backward?

Roland
Tyler, TX

Minelab CTX3030 w/WM10, Fisher F75 (Standard)
Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, Garret Pro Pointer
Hori Hori knife, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson WW Manufacturing T-handle shovel (the best I have ever seen!!)

Electrical devices and small appliances derive their power from smoke..........if the smoke escapes, they will no longer work.

Re: Brass or Copper plate
Posted by: all iron
Date: April 04, 2019 07:38PM
I would also agree that it is a copper engraving used to make a printing plate.

Alpha
Delta
Gamma
Omega
T2SE
AT Pro
XP Deus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login