Findmall.com

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
where do you send the Makro Kruzer if you have issues with it?N/T
Posted by: mtdoramike
Date: April 11, 2018 07:03PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: where do you send the Makro Kruzer if you have issues with it?
Posted by: Kapok
Date: April 11, 2018 07:32PM
When I thought I was having an issue with my Racer, I asked Dilek, and she said I'd have to ship it to Turkey. If it's under warranty (which the Kruzer still would be), they'd take care of shipping. If not, the charge for shipping would depend on whether it went through customs or not.

Makro Racer 2 with 11x7; 5x4;10x5.5 | Minelab Equinox 600

Date: April 11, 2018 08:23PM
Wow, thanks for that info, I was just about to pull the trigger on one, but not if I have to ship it to Turky whether they pay for shipping or not. Ill stick with USA made.

Posted by: xwyokid
Date: April 11, 2018 08:28PM
Ship to Turkey!? Bummer.

Posted by: TallTom
Date: April 11, 2018 08:51PM
I think shipping anything to Turkey is pretty rare.

In the past, with my Racer, I sent a photo showing the problem, and they shipped me
a replacement part, which I would receive in 3-4 days. Sometimes they need a short
video, with sound, to demonstrate the problem. But either way, they've been great
about taking care of any problems and the replacement part arrives quickly.

In So. Calif. using Makro Multi Kruzer, Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, and Tesoro Sand Shark.

Posted by: KyJoe
Date: April 11, 2018 10:04PM
I broke an ear on my Racer coil. Dilek asked for a picture and sent me a new coil within a week. Nokta/Makro service and warranty is as good as it gets.

Posted by: Dr. Witty
Date: April 11, 2018 10:18PM
If you would not buy from Makro because your concerned about shipping back to Turkey in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, don't be. As others have said, if there's a problem Dilek will ship you the part DHL. It will arrive at your door in less than a week and most likely you won't have to send the defective part back.Yeah, Makro it that good.

Posted by: galwayboy
Date: April 11, 2018 10:26PM
TallTom
I think shipping anything to Turkey is pretty rare

In the past, with my Racer, I sent a photo showing the problem, and they shipped me
a replacement part, which I would receive in 3-4 days.

I agree.

When I sent her a video of my issue on my Nokta pinpointer, I received a new one in two days, from Turkey......I can't get that kinda delivery/service from the US, they send 4-5 minimum when it's free.

I believe in another thread, it was determined that there was a US warranty site to send Makro/Nokta units (like Minelab, Australian, has (sometimes)), but I might be mistaken. I remember distinctly, that Minelab used to have you send pesky problems (that could take months) to Australia and all the haters rallied round the flag, decrying the foreign brand (unlike the origin of all of their electronics/phones/computers).

On a side note, it always took me two weeks to resolve any return issue with K-Co. In a modern world, that seems slow.

Haters gonna hate...

You think this Universe is bad, you should see the others.

Phillip K Dick

Posted by: Kapok
Date: April 11, 2018 10:30PM
mtdoramike
Wow, thanks for that info, I was just about to pull the trigger on one, but not if I have to ship it to Turky whether they pay for shipping or not. Ill stick with USA made.

Let me clarify. I thought my Racer 2, which is out of warranty, was having a processor issue, but it was unclear. I asked about having it looked over, like I do with Tesoros. In that sort of situation, it would have to go back to Turkey on my nickel. Last year, the Racer’s battery compartment came loose, and they shipped me the replacement part very quickly, and I was able to make the fix. I wouldn’t shy away from Makro because of their location. Their customer service is world-class.

Makro Racer 2 with 11x7; 5x4;10x5.5 | Minelab Equinox 600

Posted by: Nokta Detectors
Date: April 12, 2018 12:52AM
Hello all... guess I need to chime in here.
If you have any issues with any of our devices, most of the time we ask for a picture and/or video to determine the issue.
Then, 90% of the time we send the replacement part or the unit.
In very few where we cannot pinpoint the cause, we ask for the device back for our engineers to examine.
This is done to avoid further issues.
In addition, we are working on setting up a Makro technical service in the USA.
Hope this helps guys!

Date: April 12, 2018 01:54AM
Wow.....the Best!

Rock solid machines but in the unlikely event you need anything they are there.

No hating here, it's just $700.00 is quite a bit to spend
Date: April 12, 2018 07:33AM
on a multi use machine that may have to be shipped to another country for issues. The Racers and Racer 2s don't concern me that much, but when you have a multi use lane/water machine, it's not if there will be an issue it's more like when. I had the Garrett AT pro and hated it. The headphone and coil connectors were the worst to connect and disconnect that I have every seen on a detector. I may hold off for a while before pulling the trigger on one.

Posted by: Tjack
Date: April 12, 2018 08:32AM
Those concerns bothered me for about 2 seconds then I bought the MK. In this day and age shipping stuff around the world is no big deal. From what I understand this company is outstanding on backing there products and I believe them when they say they are trying to get a tech service here in the USA. Guess if I am willing to spend $700 + on a detector well $40 shipping after the warranty runs out for a "possible" problem later on doesn't really scare me from buying such a great machine....

Date: April 12, 2018 08:53AM
My MK will be here tomorrow. Got a great deal from a forum sponsor. With my 1 warranty experience with Nokta/Makro and everything I've read on this subject from other forum members I have no worries.HH

Posted by: c4teeter
Date: April 12, 2018 01:24PM
I AGREE... I'VE HEARD NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS ABOUT MAKRO/NOKTA CUSTOMER SERVICE.....

Detectors currently used: Makro Multi Kruzer/Minelab Equinox 800/Teknetics Patriot/Detech Pinpointer

Detectors used in past;
starting with last to first: Whites VX3; Minelab SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-trac,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Minelab Explorer XS, Whites XLT, Fisher CZ7a, Whites XLT,Garrett Master Hunter CX

"Treat people like you want to be treated"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login