Findmall.com

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Missing armrest bolt
Posted by: Trance
Date: April 14, 2018 06:19PM
Just unboxed my new Equinox 800 and started assembling it. When I got to the arm rest the bolt is missing. Very frustrating.

Re: Missing armrest bolt
Posted by: KyJoe
Date: April 14, 2018 06:33PM
Mine was loose in the box. Carefully look in the box, under every fold and edge, it may be there.

Date: April 14, 2018 06:39PM
I took the box completely apart and it's not there. I was hoping it was in one of the folds but no luck. I'll just have to give them a call on Monday.

Posted by: Confetrit
Date: April 14, 2018 06:48PM
Sorry to hear about the missing arm rest bolt. That would truly be disappointing for sure. Here's hoping Minelab fires one back to you soon so you can use the new Equinox.

Posted by: BarryL
Date: April 14, 2018 07:00PM
Just a thought maybe try a bolt from a local hardware store more than likely its a MM bolts just have geta close measurement of length at least it would get you by until you get a replacement

Date: April 14, 2018 07:22PM
I'm out of commission at the moment and no detecting for a while so it's not really that big a deal. I'm just a little frustrated with Minelab's quality control. If I could detect right now I would probably be a little more upset.

Re: Missing armrest bolt and broken headphones. Quality control?
Date: April 14, 2018 08:18PM
Just took the headphones out of the box to charge them and they're broken. There are two screws on each side where the padding meets the plastic and the plastic is split right through the middle of the two screws and is just dangling ready to fall off. I know Minelab is really busy trying to get these out the door but how about a little quality control?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2018 08:22PM by Trance.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: April 14, 2018 10:15PM
Trance,

Really sorry to hear this. If you contact Tracy at Minelab (service@minelabamericas.com), she will take care of you. The bolt should be easy; the armrest on the Equinox is the X-Terra armrest. HOWEVER, the headphones are scarce -- even for Minelab. Been there, done that (long story).

BUT -- I have a solution for you. Send me a PM if interested in an identical pair to the Minelab phones, but with another company's label on them. Once Minelab finally locates a pair for you, you could use these as a backup pair...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D Ground Shark "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Date: April 22, 2018 08:19AM
Minelab jumped right on it and sent me a new armrest bolt and a new pair of headphones are on the way. Thank you Tracy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login