Findmall.com

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I got my Fisher 1280X back from Fisher, today...!!
Posted by: warthog
Date: May 01, 2018 07:19PM
I bought her back in the 'lifetime warranty' days, I've had her about 12 years I think, and 2 weeks ago, I sent her in, she's been 'showing her age', needing some overhaul......They replaced EVERYTHING, except for the headphones (they were upgraded), and the stems/rods are original. They even replaced the armrest. I asked them to 'check out the inner workings', I got : A new complete control housing, with EVERYTHING-insides, and controls, battery door and gasket and battery holder replaced and housing mount, too, along with a new 8" coil and hardwired cable, and new coil mount plastic bolt and wingnut, and tension washers for the coil mount.... The cost?? A $25.00 service charge, plus I paid the insured shipping there. Fisher really stands behind their 'lifetime warranty', Amen!!:usaflag::fisher::biggrin::thumbup::wave:

Re: I got my Fisher 1280X back from Fisher, today...!!
Posted by: Terra1959
Date: May 03, 2018 09:05PM
Now thats a great service !! :clapping:

downunder ... South Australia.

X-Terra70, E-Trac, Excalibur II, CTX3030, Equinox 800

Fisher F-Pulse, Garrett Pro pointer., SITO scoop

Posted by: Nauti Neil
Date: May 04, 2018 12:38AM
Great to see customer service like that nowdays.We have a company over here in the uk called c scope who bend over backwards for their customers.....it's rare these days.

Posted by: MickTwin
Date: May 17, 2018 11:47AM
Wow, that's outstanding! Would love to see some new tech water machines from Fisher soon!

no Fisher. First Texas.
Posted by: kt315
Date: May 19, 2018 08:52AM
i say you true. i am in Lietuva and i know sir. Fisher is only TM now. my english is not so good
to tell you all story why there is not more Fisher.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2018 08:53AM by kt315.

Re: no Fisher. First Texas.
Posted by: lytle78
Date: May 19, 2018 11:18AM
First Texas acquired the nearly (or completely) bankrupt Fisher Labs in 2006. Dave Johnson - formerly Chief Engineer at Fisher, left Fisher and worked for Tesoro and Whites designing detectors. Dave had later been hired by Tom Walsh, CEO of FT. Tom sent him to Fisher to look it over as a potential acquisition. Dave has posted that after he went out to Los Banks and looked at the state of things there, he advised Tom not to buy Fisher. Tom decided to go a ahead and now First Texas designs and manufacturers detectors under the Fisher, Teknetics (including Ameritek) and Bounty Hunter brand names.

Lietuva confused me for a minute, but Wikipedia saved me - Lithuania - also once called Lett-land in English.

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login