Findmall.com

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I got Free Equinox 600
Posted by: silvercoinboy
Date: May 16, 2018 06:59AM
Sold two 800's I ordered and used the proceeds to cover my 600 purchase!

Military guy living in Europe.
1 Equinox 600
2 Equinox 800's both ordered, and sold
Fisher F-70 and 1265x
Minelab Excalibur 1000 ( fixed, and working great!).
Old White's DB4 dude (Greybox Sears special) when I was a kid

Re: I got Free Equinox 600
Posted by: Willee
Date: May 16, 2018 07:48AM
So you are saying you bought two 800's and scalped your fellow detectorists for enough profit to purchase a new 600?
That is really something to be proud of.
But hey ... its legal so that is OK right?

Posted by: lytle78
Date: May 16, 2018 07:53AM
He didn’t mention how much he got for the 800’s - not safe to accuse him of “scalping”.

A polite term for the practice of buying at a low price and selling at a higher one is called commerce - without it we would all still be trading turnips for bread and be dressed in animal skins.

I ordered an 800 early. After I got it I saw a 600 for sale for $525. I bought the 600 and sold my 800 to a pal for MSRP. Different strokes for different folks.

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 07:56AM by lytle78.

Date: May 16, 2018 08:07AM
lytle78
He didn’t mention how much he got for the 800’s - not safe to accuse him of “scalping”.

A polite term for the practice of buying at a low price and selling at a higher one is called commerce - without it we would all still be trading turnips for bread and be dressed in animal skins.

Try telling that to the police officer that just caught you buying and reselling for profit sporting event, concert, or show tickets.

I know there are plenty that buy and sell used detectors for profit and its all legal ... I personalty would not make a post braging about taking advantage of others wanting a new product that is very hard to get. If I were to sell something like that I would ask exactly what I paid for it. It is all about what you feel is the right thing to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 08:09AM by Willee.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: May 16, 2018 08:19AM
Funny about scalping laws. They are a mess, with many states revising theirs. Here’s an interesting article about it.

https://seatgeek.com/tba/articles/ticket-resale-laws/

If the OP did indeed make enough profit on his 2 Nox 800’s to pay for the 600 it only shows how impatient or well-heeled some folks are - as to pay a premium to get an 800 without planning ahead or waiting.

Of course ordering 2 with the intention of reselling them for profit, when others are waiting is sort of unsavory - if that is in fact what the OP did. If that is the case, it’s kind of dumb to brag about it in a forum where lots of members are still waiting for their Nox 800’s

Rick Kempf

Posted by: MickTwin
Date: May 17, 2018 09:05AM
I see nothing wrong with what this member (silvercoinboy) did. He took the risk of pre ordering two (potentially duds) 800's. What if it was revealed that the Equinox detectors had serious issues? I personally waited (and eventually purchased a 600), but kudo's to this "investor" for making a good deal. Nobody got hurt and now he can enjoy a great detector that has already paid for itself :thumbup:

Posted by: Dang
Date: May 17, 2018 10:04PM
sounds like retail to me.

Date: May 18, 2018 07:01AM
Thanks for all opinions.
It's capitalism where people buy goods and sell them for profit.
Supply and demand.
Our country has become a great nation founded on free enterprise and I to in the past have sold something for more than I had invested in it.
My personal feelings on this OPs post should have remained that ... personal.
Rethinking it I see he has done no harm and offer up an apology if I have offended by expressing my opinion.

Just an opinion .....
Posted by: Elton
Date: May 18, 2018 09:15AM
We have become so use to members here passing on good deals to other members.
When we see a post bragging about (Possible) inflating of a new release machine and making enough profit to out right buy
a different machine with those profits. It immediately creates different feelings in each of us.
Some say Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa Some say not so cool...
We are very lucky here to have people who do pass on great deals to others.. and I for one appreciate all those who do.
I also try to do the same with detectors I want to sell because I didn't like them for one reason or another. Just like many others here do.
In fact it has made it possible for me to buy detectors and try them at a reasonable/affordable price too me when I would have had to pass at full boat prices at that moment in time.
In reality there isn't anything wrong with selling at a supply and demand price point. From a morality point of view I guess each person has to decide if their right or wrong. I'm not certain I would boast about it in a post though. Nor would I post about a sensational deal. Implying I took advantage of someones goodwill.
Certainly their under no obligation to sell cheap, and no one is obligated to buy at the prices wanted.Some are willing to pay more to get what they want right now.
Judging the shared posts of past sales/buys here at Finds Treasure Forums . Were darn lucky to have a great bunch of fellow detectorists who make things happen with great prices offered to fellow members at Finds Treasure Forums.

Administrator
Supporter Of FTF Sponsors

" There will be times I express a personal opinion on something"

Re: Just an opinion .....
Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: May 18, 2018 09:35AM
Elton
We have become so use to members here passing on good deals to other members.
When we see a post bragging about (Possible) inflating of a new release machine and making enough profit to out right buy
a different machine with those profits. It immediately creates different feelings in each of us.
Some say Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa Some say not so cool...
We are very lucky here to have people who do pass on great deals to others.. and I for one appreciate all those who do.
I also try to do the same with detectors I want to sell because I didn't like them for one reason or another. Just like many others here do.
In fact it has made it possible for me to buy detectors and try them at a reasonable/affordable price too me when I would have had to pass at full boat prices at that moment in time.
In reality there isn't anything wrong with selling at a supply and demand price point. From a morality point of view I guess each person has to decide if their right or wrong. I'm not certain I would boast about it in a post though. Nor would I post about a sensational deal. Implying I took advantage of someones goodwill.
Certainly their under no obligation to sell cheap, and no one is obligated to buy at the prices wanted.Some are willing to pay more to get what they want right now.
Judging the shared posts of past sales/buys here at Finds Treasure Forums . Were darn lucky to have a great bunch of fellow detectorists who make things happen with great prices offered to fellow members at Finds Treasure Forums.
. Excellent post Elton!!

Re: Just an opinion .....
Posted by: EZ2Find
Date: May 18, 2018 11:31AM
basic "concept of supply and demand" low supply high demand, people choose on their own free will and some are willing eagerly to may more than suggested retail. Smart? Not for me. New products 1st generation often have issues or become not as good as hyped......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login