Findmall.com

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A wireless, in-line Pinpointer for Equinox
Posted by: david.di
Date: August 05, 2018 10:40PM
So I sent the request to Minelab.

If enough of us ask, it may inspire them to make such a hand held pin-pointer.
Maybe someone else can also mention ( I forgot to) for it to be an option to use it as an inline pinpointer for the Equinox but just as useful on it's own as a handheld pinpointer.

Dear Minelab,

I'm spending money and buying other brands of hand held electronic metal detecting pin-pointers. I may even by one of the current Minelab versions. I have done this to use with the many other Minelab and other brand detectors I own, including the latest Equinox 800. I am sure you realise that a hand held held pin pointer speeds the recovery of detected targets and help in limiting the size of any hole to be dug. It's certainly a handy tool to have and a wireless one that would "signal off" with the Equinox's audio tone's, maybe vibration and/or a light, when it approaches the detected metal target, say about 40mm plus or so range on eg: Australian 1 pre decimal 1/2 penny, would be truly useful to me and I am sure to many others.

Could you please make us a wireless, in-line, fully featured hand held pin-pointer that will sync with the Minelab Equinox so that the tones can be heard through what ever earphones we use?

There are already a couple of metal detector manufacturing companies that have done this with their product line and having such for the Mnelab Equinox , I think like many others, would only enhance the experience with this detector.

Kind Regards

Davide Di Prospero
Mob 0412643950
Perth
Western Australia

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 10:47PM by david.di.

Re: A wireless, in-line Pinpointer for Equinox
Posted by: Mkus
Date: August 06, 2018 10:22AM
Why I have my deus and my Nox

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: August 06, 2018 12:27PM
Have them whip one up for he CTX while they’re at it!

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: August 06, 2018 02:47PM
What am i missing............ WIRELESS..... **INLINE**? I assume you mean one that will shut off the main coil when you turn it on and give a digital reading likes Ralphs INLINE ones do? Good suggestion especially for dirt hunters....... get out your wallet.

CTX, Blue Xcals
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Date: August 06, 2018 08:19PM
dewcon4414 , yes, if it were a wireless version that gave the results similar to the wired in Sunray X-1(or many other versions for other detectors) that would be great.
and I think even if it were a wired version, that would limit it Equinox only , I think that I would consider it as well. Already experimenting with a shaft mounted switch box that I can switch to and use the 6inch Equinox coil as a hand held coil . Did it to the Explorer's with a Sunray 5 inch many years ago BUT that was a different beast.....then I purchased the X-1 and all my needs were met.:clapping:

It just needs many of us to let Minelab know direct and then they may produce something.

Send them an email if you can. Cross your fingers that they hear enough of us to give us one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 08:47PM by david.di.

Date: August 06, 2018 08:20PM
I'd love one for the CTX. I think many of us do. If only

Date: August 06, 2018 08:20PM
Posted by: wyohunter99
Date: August 06, 2018 09:28PM
Maybe they could make one that works with both the ctx and Nox. I would buy...

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: August 06, 2018 09:32PM
wyohunter99
Maybe they could make one that works with both the ctx and Nox. I would buy...

Considering the cost of an inline probe for a non-smart coil, I hate to think of what an inline for the CTX or the EQX would be. Probably cost more than the 600.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login