Findmall.com

Feedback Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A question to Minelab? Are you listening???
Posted by: bulletman
Date: August 07, 2018 10:14AM
I just completed a week long trip to Stockton Lake, my favorite water hunting site. Charged up my excal battery, and then found out that it would not take a charge. Had to drive 120 miles to retrieve my alkaline pod, so the trip was not a bust for water hunting. When we arrived home, I started the search for a replacement. As expected from Minelab, the cost of a replacement battery is astronomical. Why should a rechargeable battery pod cost $175.00?????? I love Minelabs products and own 4 detectors from your company, however, I disagree with the EXTREME costs of parts, batteries, chargers and such. I just replaced 2 truck batteries in our diesel pickup. 2 very large diesel truck batteries cost me $200.00 for the pair, only $25.00 more than one minelab excal pod!

If I were to purchase a CTX 3030 from an individual who lost the battery and charger components, then, the replacement cost of those components would be well over $300.00. It's clear to see that Minelab is raking in the dough with batteries and parts. Needless to say, the search was on for an alternative to purchasing a genuine minelab product. I found a solution for the excal battery which involves disassembly of the pod to replace the battery components at a cost of $30.00 plus $5.00 shipping. Wow - we have gone from an average cost of an excal battery of $175 to $35.

What gives?? Minelab???

Bulletman

Shalom

An update! As expected, no response from Minelab. Just received and installed the new battery within the pod. Took less than 30 minutes! Update later after charging the battery.N/T
Date: August 08, 2018 02:16PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

2nd Update
Date: August 09, 2018 10:10AM
Charged the battery according to the recommended time upon the instruction sheet. Connected the new battery to my Excalibur - works like a charm. Very pleased to say the least. As I retired 10 months ago, I have to live a more frugal life. If any of you want to know about the battery replacement, or just have a question. Just ask, and I'll try to provide beneficial info and save you about $150.00.

Bulletman

Shalom

Re: 2nd Update
Posted by: MINELABMIKE
Date: September 07, 2018 09:57AM
Nice to know of a better battery and a whole lot cheaper, yes minelab is way over priced. Thanks for the info on saving a lot of money

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login