Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Looking for useful tips for the Xterra 305
Posted by: Monkeywrangler22
Date: January 18, 2010 09:13AM
DH got an Xterra 305 recently, and so we are still learning the machine and using the 2 stock programs in NTX, mostly in tot lots and a couple older parks. I'm just looking for tips to speed up the learning curve. We are finding fairly comparable items (I use a Tesoro Cibola) and amounts. So I know both machines are working--hehehe... Has anyone done a comparison of the ID#s for coins for the 305 versus the old chart here of the 70-50-30 models?

TIA,
MW

Updated TID chartN/T
Posted by: Digger
Date: January 18, 2010 09:17AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"
After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Re: Updated TID chart
Posted by: Pastor bob
Date: November 14, 2010 07:23PM
Thank you for the chart. Excellent info.

Posted by: Waterdog
Date: April 23, 2011 12:33PM
Where did you get this chart ? I wanted to get a copy of it ?

Re: Looking for useful tips for the Xterra 305
Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: April 23, 2011 01:32PM
Faq faq post at top of page.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Date: April 23, 2011 03:50PM
I made the chart using my X-TERRAs and various coins I have. I just updated it this past week after finding my first Flying Eagle cent. An easy way to print a copy of it is to use the Print Screen function on your computer, open Paint, click on Edit and Paste, crop the chart and print it out. HH Randy

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Posted by: tabman
Date: April 28, 2011 01:19PM
Has anyone done a gold jewelry chart? I'm not too sure how to set the 305 to search for gold. How much can do you notch out on the lower end? I know on my Tesoro detectors I set the discrimination just below foil.

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Modded Tesoro Cibola * Tesoro Golden u-Max
Tesoro Bandido II u-Max * Tesoro Deleon * Garrett AT Pro * Teknetics G2 * Tesoro Vaquero * Killer B's Wasp Headphones

Date: April 28, 2011 05:19PM
Gold jewelry comes in so many shapes, sizes and different metallic compounds, it would be very tough to do an effective job of creating a TID chart. Here is a post I made about 4 1/2 years ago, concerning the TID of some rings I'd found.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,427625,427684#msg-427684

I've also recently made a couple blog posts on Minelab's TreasureTalk site that explains a bit more about how each notch segment can effect your rate of success. The links to those posts can be found in the FAQFAQ section near the top of this forum. Go to the ones marked "Ever wonder what you're missing?" part one and part two.

Notch Discrimination on the X-TERRA - Ever wonder what you're missing? Part 1
http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/notch-discrimination-on-the-x-terra-ever-wonder-what-you-re-missing-part-1

Notch Discrimination on the X-TERRA - Ever wonder what you're missing? Part 2
http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/notch-discrimination-on-the-x-terra-ever-wonder-what-you-re-missing-part-2

If you have any other thoughts on how one might come up with a TID chart, or if you want to make one that we can put into the FAQFAQ section, let me know. HH Randy

Posted by: tabman
Date: April 28, 2011 07:07PM
Thanks Digger. I think I'll be alright notching out -4, and 4 on the 305. Maybe even 8 according to your chart. I usually dig everything around foil and up for the first couple of hours or so while I still have high hopes, fresh legs and a pain free back. Those thin aluminum foil tops off of those sport drinks give me fits. They ID at 4. When I get tired of digging trash, I crank up the discrimination and just search for silver jewelry and clad coins.

Tesoro Tejon * Tesoro Outlaw * Fisher F75SE * Tesoro Compadre * Modded Tesoro Cibola * Tesoro Golden u-Max
Tesoro Bandido II u-Max * Tesoro Deleon * Garrett AT Pro * Teknetics G2 * Tesoro Vaquero * Killer B's Wasp Headphones

Posted by: rseasy1
Date: July 19, 2012 01:59PM
Thanks for the update digger justed wanted to add that a 1876 seated dime I found around 3-4 inches rang up a crisp clean 42 no matter which direction I hit it from.
Don't understand why it rang up a 42 but I took it home! possible some odd composition of the coin?
HH and keep the good info coming like reading your stuff and I take it to the bank with every hunt.

X-terra 705 10.5" 7.5KHZ DD garret PP,
AT pro added to arsenal......... Doin the DD wiggle.

Posted by: DirtAngler
Date: July 19, 2012 04:35PM
Tabman, for jewelry I certainly would not notch 8 out and don't even think I'd notch 4 out. Usually the most I'll ever notch out are the negative numbers and maybe the high end number to help eliminate wrap-around.

Lebanon County, Pa.
M6, TRX, Garrett propointer
Please learn and follow the metal detecting code of ethics for all of us

Posted by: DFXDon
Date: February 12, 2014 08:50PM
Thanks Jack that's the one I wanted
Don

Central Minnesota
Detectors used, Whites Vision With V3i upgrade, Two V3i's,& VX3, Several DFXs, MX-SPORT, Whites TRX Pin pointer ,Sun Ray DX1 probe, GMT, conquistador, Garrett 2500, Ace250,Several ATPro's with all of the factory coils, ATMax ,Sea Hunter,Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Mine Lab E-TRAC, Explorer,70,& Two 705s with all the Mine Lab 705 coils with lower rods and coil bolts,all the whites V rated coils for the V3i, You have reached the end of the trail, the buck stops here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login