Findmall.com

Minelab X-TERRA Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
X-TERRA... Controlling the search coil
Posted by: Digger
Date: January 03, 2011 08:18PM
Here is a link to my most recent blog post over Minelab's Treasure Talk.

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/x-terra-controlling-the-search-coil

"X-TERRA... Controlling the search coil" explains proper sweep techniques, how the field of detection differs between concentric and DD coils, and tips that will help reduce "false signals". HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 08:01PM by Digger.

Re: X-TERRA... Controlling the search coil
Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: January 04, 2011 08:03PM
Really good article.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Good advice and tips Randy!! ThanksN/T
Posted by: fwcrawford
Date: January 08, 2011 08:13AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: morrison
Date: February 07, 2011 05:41AM
The search coil is the metal-detecting part of your detector. It

Posted by: morrison
Date: February 08, 2011 10:00PM
As an additional,larger searchcoils will give better depth with larger targets and better ground coverage. However, sensitivity to smaller objects may be sacrificed. Smaller searchcoils will offer greater sensitivity to smaller objects and improved target separation in trashy soil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 04:50PM by Digger.

Posted by: Digger
Date: February 09, 2011 05:01PM
Yes, there are dozens of posts on this forum regarding coil size, shape, freq and design.

And since you are new here, as a side note, I deleted the "promotional" link you had included in your last post. We don't allow that on this forum. Thanks. HH Randy

You'll never know for sure......unless you dig it! HH "Digger"

After more than 46-years of detecting, and having owned dozens of different detectors, I've come to the conclusion that maintaining success in the field is largely dependent on three things..... choice of site, acquiring a proper skill set for the detector and the detector itself..... in that order. Research, practice and persistence. There are no substitutes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login